• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Mutoh Inks Changed !!

LizardWraps

I own a Faclon Outdoor, and within the last few months I have been receiving mutoh ink cartridges that look different!! Thought it was just the case, but >>>NO WAY<<<.. Ever since I have been getting these new Inks Nothing But Problems!!! Went through 3 maint. stations this month. A pump, and multiple Problems!!! Tabs don't pop out to let you know the ink is low.. Swolen pads in the caping station, cross contamination.. On and On and ON... Warr. company has been here too many times this month.. Out of the last six 220ml inks I bought 5 didnt pop to give me a low ink warning!! If anyone else is having any problems with thease Inks Let me know!!! Shame ON YOU Mutoh!!! FIX IT !!!

LizardWraps

Kinda lookin' for some answers not dumb comments! trying to find other people with the same issues so when I contact them I have some back-up.. And as for the "some- time- now" comments.. They just changed the cartidges recently..

westpointsigns

I was told they changed the ink for the Falcons....BUT...The ink for the ValueJets are still the same.

Here's what you do:

Buy the ink with the Smart Chip Cards

Cut the card off, nothing to it just use an Xacto knife and cut around it.

Either peel off the mylar label off the old cartridge or make one with some chrome vinyl.

I've been doing this with no problems for the last month.

They changed something, because the ink bags inside the carts aren't the same as they used to be. The ones in the Smart Chip carts are just like the old ones.

Hope this helps you.

randya

I own a Faclon Outdoor, and within the last few months I have been receiving mutoh ink cartridges that look different!! Thought it was just the case, but >>>NO WAY<<<.. Ever since I have been getting these new Inks Nothing But Problems!!! Went through 3 maint. stations this month. A pump, and multiple Problems!!! Tabs don't pop out to let you know the ink is low.. Swolen pads in the caping station, cross contamination.. On and On and ON... Warr. company has been here too many times this month.. Out of the last six 220ml inks I bought 5 didnt pop to give me a low ink warning!! If anyone else is having any problems with thease Inks Let me know!!! Shame ON YOU Mutoh!!! FIX IT !!!

As mentioned, the change in cartridges happened some time ago and there were some initial issues. While this has been remedied there are still some of these problem cartridges in the system.

Please contact Mutoh Service with your printer serial# and issues.
CustomerCare@mutoh.com

Signs Excetra

I've had exactly the same problems. Now that Mutoh has changed back to the original cartridges I am not having those problems. It took a very long time for anyone to admit anything but they finally did. I went through everything you're going through, very very frustrating, not to mention tons of wasted money. I called Feller's and exchanged all my inks. Seems like anything with a date after Nov 2010 is okay. Are you having problems with inks manufactured after this date. I do agree with tomence, we both need another printer. I would never buy another Mutoh printer. I have had nothing but problems since day one. My machine was never set up properly causing nothing but problems for years. Calgraph came out many many times to no avail. We have been lied to since the very first day. We finally gave up and have just learned to deal with the problems. If Mutoh ever makes anything right with us I'll be the first to post it but I don't think that will ever happen. It's been six years now, good thing I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

LizardWraps

As mentioned, the change in cartridges happened some time ago and there were some initial issues. While this has been remedied there are still some of these problem cartridges in the system.

Please contact Mutoh Service with your printer serial# and issues.
CustomerCare@mutoh.com

Yea I contacted Mutoh.. No Response!!! Have My 5th genuine Mutoh Maint. Station on my desk waiting to be installed again!!! this time the pads puffed up so much they broke thru the screen!!! If its not the ink change??? What else can it be!!! Class Action I say!!! Keeping me out of business here!!!! How do you guys expect anyone to purchase a new machine if after 3 years you kick us to the curb!!! Fellers, Gei, Signwarehouse all agree there is a problem with the ink!!!

Marlboro Man

Try this company, they're very competitive. Ink Jet Set 1-800-298-5452. Got this info from a good source. After the customer service I got from Mutoh, I'll never buy another one of their products.

midnightmadman

Try this company, they're very competitive. Ink Jet Set 1-800-298-5452. Got this info from a good source. After the customer service I got from Mutoh, I'll never buy another one of their products.

I just looked at some of my old ones that seemed to be screwed up. Some say expiration date - 2011 and others say manufacture date - 2010! what the heck?

LizardWraps

Here we go Again Maint. Station #6...!! Mutoh You Are the the worst!!! Anone that buys a mutoh must be NUTS!! the help you out and say that they are the leader in printers, until they discontinue a model, and give you NO SUPPORT... I boought this printer brand new about 3 years ago (still making payments!) and It's CRAP.. Mutoh Changed there INK, and it swells up the pads!! they put a screen over the new ones that works good for a week or so till the pads oush out the screens!!! What the hell are they thinking?? Now that the new mutoh machine came out I fell bad for you guys with the older unit.. They are just going to toss you to the crb just as quick!! I sent an E-mail over to mutoh, and guess what?? No Reply! They are resonsibe for the damage on my machine!! I only use genuine inks and parts from mutoh installed by gei under warr. Myself and the tech have documented everything.... If they don't respond soon with a resolution.. I'm prepared tyo take them on... Anyone with the same issues send me a message, I would like to get at list together.. Gei has already told me this problem is everywhere!!!!

oryx72

I just wanted to let you know, I've been having the same exact issues on my 5.5 year old Falcon outdoor. I had a service contract with GEI the past 4 years, and they let me know they were no longer going to offer service on my machine once my current contract expires. Needless to say, I'm figuring out what my next printer will be, and I'm 100% sure it won't be a Mutoh!

LizardWraps

I called them today and spoke to a tech, He tells me this is the first he's heard of this?? "Yea Right" Mutoh is now putting screens over their maint. stations so the pads wont swell over.. If they are not having a problem then why the change?? The cartridge is different!!! the inks bags are different too.. They are full of it!! They ruined my machine! and I'm not about to let them get away with it.. They say that the inks have not change, but cant explain why suddenly the inks swell up the pads.. I was told today that the the inks from the valuejet are the same inks in the falcon cartridges.. Guess we will have to see if that's true.. Guess only the lab will know?? Right... Hope they call me back soon.. I would think it's in there best interest to fix this issue. There are many people still using this machine Still.. SignWarehouse just stop selling the prismJet Extra 2 1/2 years ago.. Hope I get That call!!!!

Newbie_on

I called them today and spoke to a tech, He tells me this is the first he's heard of this?? "Yea Right" Mutoh is now putting screens over their maint. stations so the pads wont swell over.. If they are not having a problem then why the change?? The cartridge is different!!! the inks bags are different too.. They are full of it!! They ruined my machine! and I'm not about to let them get away with it.. They say that the inks have not change, but cant explain why suddenly the inks swell up the pads.. I was told today that the the inks from the valuejet are the same inks in the falcon cartridges.. Guess we will have to see if that's true.. Guess only the lab will know?? Right... Hope they call me back soon.. I would think it's in there best interest to fix this issue. There are many people still using this machine Still.. SignWarehouse just stop selling the prismJet Extra 2 1/2 years ago.. Hope I get That call!!!!

Have you contacted Mutoh already?

LizardWraps

Mutoh Responded to my Concerns and took imediate Action to Solve my Issues.. I'm Happy to Find that my Printer is up to par, an working properly. Actually Printing better than Ever now!!
Thanks Mutoh!!

Newbie_on

Mutoh Responded to my Concerns and took imediate Action to Solve my Issues.. I'm Happy to Find that my Printer is up to par, an working properly. Actually Printing better than Ever now!!
Thanks Mutoh!!

Glad to hear that. What did Mutoh do to resolve the problem?

What about the inks? Are you going to continue using their "bad" inks?