• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor not printing

kgrafix

I purchased a Falcon Outdoor 62" that had been sitting for about two months. I have never seen or experienced it printing. If I send it a test print it fires up and the print head goes through the motions as if it is printing, just nothing coming out. I got two new printheads and installed them, sucked ink into dampners on reinstall, but still no printing... any ideas or any ideas as to what would need to be replaced after allowing this printer to sit for 2 months (assuming it really was just two months). I truly appreciate your time and knowledge spent on this matter ! Thanks !

kgrafix

stupid question perhaps, but what makes the ink want to get from the ink cartridges to the heads? I removed the top panel and even though I drew the ink into the dampners earlier, the plastic lines from the cartridges to the heads are now empty.

kgrafix

randya thanks for the reply, i looked at the link which explains system, would you know how to get this thing to the point where the motor should come on to run the pump ? no matter what i do, ie: clean, fill ect. it never comes on. is there a fuse for the motor ?

kgrafix

yes, I did a cleaning and nomotor, I tried a fill procedure and no motor, I checked continuity in ribbon cable from motor to MB with no fault, I removed the maintenace station and the motor isnt frozen, however I did find the ribbon cable pinched and broken through the insulation which I would think allowed it to ground out, hence the fuse question. I cant find just the motor for sale anywhere, only as part of the rather expensive maintenace station.

jwright350

A word of advice: Expensive is having your machine down for weeks and turning away business. I've learned this the hard way many many times. A $600 visit from a tech is peanuts.