• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fat heads

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Is there a wholesale supplier that can do fatheads? I did a few for a soccer team this week and the cutting of the coroplast wasn't that bad but they just didn't look "professional" enough to me. The customer didn't seem to mind because it was for seniors and they are onlygoing to use them for a few games. but I wanted a more finished product look. Cutting them by hand didn't take long but they seem "unfinished".

"

Billct2

Depends on size, shipping could be pricey. Wyld GFI does coro printing and cutting, I would talk to them.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I ordered mine from Signs365 on foam board and I just hand cut them at the shop with a razor blade. Now, with my new printer I can do them myself! Unless I have a bunch to do I just run to Hobby Lobby and grab some 30"x40" foam board, they are $5.99 each. Or you can order a 4'x8' sheet with your next panel order.

The foam board is super easy to cut...unless they require them to be on coro.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I ordered mine from Signs365 on foam board and I just hand cut them at the shop with a razor blade. Now, with my new printer I can do them myself! Unless I have a bunch to do I just run to Hobby Lobby and grab some 30"x40" foam board, they are $5.99 each. Or you can order a 4'x8' sheet with your next panel order.

The foam board is super easy to cut...unless they require them to be on coro.
I ended up using a box cutter and it worked 'ok". but I just wanted a nice cut around them. i'm not the best person to be handling a knife around this place. My boyfriend's daughter has 2 little girls who come to the shop sometimes and they go home and tell their dad that "geneva cut her finger off today". I have all of my fingers..I promise. I do have a pretty scar on my thumb from an incident.

Ldireprophil

We do a lot of fat heads for local high schools. We gang 7-8 heads up and print on vinyl on our latex (detail is better than when printed on our uv flatbed), then roll it out on 4x8 sheets of Coro (we never use foam board for fat heads), then cut them out on summa flatbed. The key is to make sure when you are extracting the “head” of the student athlete you make sure you have nice smooth outer edges for the cut blade.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
Is there a wholesale supplier that can do fatheads? I did a few for a soccer team this week and the cutting of the coroplast wasn't that bad but they just didn't look "professional" enough to me. The customer didn't seem to mind because it was for seniors and they are onlygoing to use them for a few games. but I wanted a more finished product look. Cutting them by hand didn't take long but they seem "unfinished".

"
Hello Geneva,
We've got you covered. Give Bryan or Cathy a call at 801-305-1655 or email sales@abacatalog.com. We look forward to working with you!

Thanks

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
We just print the decals apply them to coro and hand cut them to shape with an exacto knife and they look pretty good.
If you have enough fatheads to fill a 4x8 sheet, Signs365 will print them on coro (Custom Cut Option) and cut them out for you with your contour cut file