• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Thanksgiving memories?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've come to like Thanksgiving the most, simply because there's not the pressure to brave the masses and spend.

I sure wish I could spin back the hands of time and watch my gran prep the turkey. I'm especially intrigued by her petite hands...they were so strong. She didn't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet, yet she could wrestle a big bird like nobody's business. Thanksgiving 1980 - Flemington, NJ.

JB

Granny & Aunt Mabel.JPG

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Ha, that's always a favorite. It has the flavor of War of the Worlds and the Hindenburg all rolled into one.

JB
This episode makes me laugh every time i see it. I don't recall seeing this one as a kid. But their reactions make me laugh. like they can't keep a straight face!

Anyway, happy thanksgiving! mine is a little wacky. my son is home from hawaii (navy) and my youngest daughter daughter will be home from mississippi state. so i'm really excited to have kids home for the holidays. this is my first holiday where they are all traveling home. so its a very sentimental thanskgiving for me.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've come to like Thanksgiving the most, simply because there's not the pressure to brave the masses and spend.

I sure wish I could spin back the hands of time and watch my gran prep the turkey. I'm especially intrigued by her petite hands...they were so strong. She didn't weigh 100 pounds soaking wet, yet she could wrestle a big bird like nobody's business. Thanksgiving 1980 - Flemington, NJ.

JB

View attachment 162687
I have that same cook book that's up there on that shelf!

Stacey K

I like making signs
My sister and I were the youngest of the cousins. Most of our memories are of eating at the card table in the living room with my sister and the two "unlucky" cousins. Then we listened to everyone scream at the TV while they watched football - BORING. It's our least favorite holiday.

Once my mom started having it, my sister and I got drunk on wine one year and she took the bottles away and yelled at us.

I guess that's my favorite memory, not a fan of the holiday. I prefer Halloween!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
My sister and I were the youngest of the cousins. Most of our memories are of eating at the card table in the living room with my sister and the two "unlucky" cousins. Then we listened to everyone scream at the TV while they watched football - BORING. It's our least favorite holiday.

Once my mom started having it, my sister and I got drunk on wine one year and she took the bottles away and yelled at us.

I guess that's my favorite memory, not a fan of the holiday. I prefer Halloween!
The second time I got "tipsy" was on our homemade wine at thanksgiving dinner when I was about 15. I was getting flushed, and loud and I got cut off.
... The first time was when I was (13) helping my dad bottle that homemade wine we made. I was plastered.