• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 registration bar

Turnergraphics

I just bought an FB500. We didn't get the roll option. We tried running a 60 inch sheet of 15" vinyl through and had tracking issues. I guess I'll need to buy an aftermarket take up reel . The detail of the prints is great but so far I'm disappointed that the regisration bar does not come all the way down to touch the belt, there fore you can get thick materials into place much easier than thin matertials. 30 mil and less slide right under the registration bar, making it a mute feature. The experts say to bend the sides of the sheet a bit so that it touches the bar and then let the sheet flop onto the table. Sorry but I'm a perfectionist ,especially when I'm trying to print on top of a kiss cut.

Anybody worked with printing thin sheets on the FB500 and have advice?

rt

artbot

different printer but this is what i did. added pieces of pvc with vhb so that the tabs would barely brush the belt. i print on a lot of .030 aluminum and it was too thin to hit the bar.

Attachments

• PICT0051.JPG
    PICT0051.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 79

Hzone15

Who did your install

We print with our FB950 without using the roll 2 roll all the time.

Are you running it as a sheet or a roll?

Rolls should be run through the center of the printer and not flush left.

Turnergraphics

Currently we're using sheets. What's the bascs of running a roll without it getting off track? Do you have a take up? Can you send pic of setup?