• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 IO board problem,

ppnai

Hello everyone,
I'm having a big problem with my FB700 printer , after shutting down the next day didn't boot up stuck on blue HP logo without any initializing info at the bottom of the screen.
I opened the user side the fans on the ebox not working when i turn on the machine , only the CPU fan on the mother board working, after several test , no hope , so I unplugged the io board from the PCI slot on the mother board and i turn on the machine , the fans works fine but still didn't boot.
Any suggestions please I'm afraid that the io board has a problem , its very expensive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-201622.png
    Screenshot_20220401-201622.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20220401-201636.png
    Screenshot_20220401-201636.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 119

netsol

You could see if inkjetperformance.com has any experience with these
They have been my go to for a while, (we stopped repairing our own boards)

Have you had a look at a service manual?

ppnai

Thank you netsol for your reply,
There is nothing in the service manual regarding this problem , I also brows all over the internet and forums nobody had this problem before , I'm preying now not to be the IO board .

netsol

I have no experience with hp flatbeds, but, a likely guess would be that the hard drive is failed or failing

netsol

50 yrs. of experience at this.
I would suspect hard drive first, long before i blame io board

ppnai

But why the fans in the ebox didn't work if I plug the io board and work normal if I remove it,

netsol

My guess would be the command that starts the fans is not being initiated

There is probably a small program monitoring temperature, a couple thermistors that sense a heat sink temperature or simply ambient air temp to vary fan speed

Also could simply be a switched power supply voltage not turning on because of an abnormal load or just a power supply going bad

ppnai

Thank you Joe,
I clean every single connector with a special electronic cleaner still the same,
I'm trying to imaging the Hard Disk to a new one maybe there is a bad sector or something stoping the initializing as netsol said. I hope it will work
Thanks a lot for your help

netsol

But a perfect copy of a defective hard drive (IF IT IS BAD) accomplishes nothing.
You would have to image someone's good hard drive

I suspect the hard dtive, because hard drives are like light bulbs.
They ALL GO BAD eventually, most times with no warning

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't know about FB but there is usually diagnostic lights that show exactly at what point the boot hangs up to. So there would be less need to guess.

ppnai

There is no diagnostic Leds on the IO board its. Not like the formatter board on latex printer ,
I was reading also that it could be a corrupted job in the queue that it should be deleted , but I can not read the hard disk.