• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FB700 LC head not filling, not holding ink

greysquirrel

there is a known issue with bad ink and FB's now for about 6 months. The tech that charged 10k for service...why wouldn't he have sold you a parts contract? comes with 4 heads and covers all parts for a year...labor not included...you had a bad ink issue, imo did they credit you back the 10k in parts? You did not need any of them it was an HP ink issue.

the orange at the reservoir and properly reconnecting the upper reservoir to the lower is 90% of ink drop to issues. If the tech overtightened the screws its damaged. If they are not aligned perfectly, damaged.

Mattocks

Mad Scientist
I literally retraced and replaced the port, inline filter, pump, thermistor and even the heads !

Turned out It was a bad batch of Black ink from HP circa July 21 exp date .

Swapped my bag out and it would prime . Learned to simply check the flow of the pigtail coming out before putting in the machine .

HP did warranty it , however the box they sent took a while to flow and now forced me to replace the inline filter inside the user end . It was annoying because I just did this 2 months ago.

Pretty sure there are some bad batches still floating out there . In one month we shouldn’t have worn out an inline filter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

czbhu

I literally retraced and replaced the port, inline filter, pump, thermistor and even the heads !

Turned out It was a bad batch of Black ink from HP circa July 21 exp date .

Swapped my bag out and it would prime . Learned to simply check the flow of the pigtail coming out before putting in the machine .

HP did warranty it , however the box they sent took a while to flow and now forced me to replace the inline filter inside the user end . It was annoying because I just did this 2 months ago.

Pretty sure there are some bad batches still floating out there . In one month we shouldn’t have worn out an inline filter !

After 1.5 years I changed the ink to an alternative type and solved most of my problems. My black head is not as good as it was before but I have no more ink problems. I asked Hp for some compensation (cash and new printheads) because this 1.5 year faulty ink has cost me about 10.000 Eurs (bad prints, extra labor cost, extra service time etc.) and our printheads are worse than they were before. HP does not want to pay anything and they say they had no problem with the ink (they have changed more than 13 boxes of ink for me).
So right now I am going to sue the HP. If someone is in the same situation please let me know. We can support each other.

Mattocks

Mad Scientist
Wasted about 4K of parts . Rep today denied ink issues but rep before admitted faults with inks being bad . They should replace parts in these scenarios for what got used in troubleshooting .

czbhu

Wasted about 4K of parts . Rep today denied ink issues but rep before admitted faults with inks being bad . They should replace parts in these scenarios for what got used in troubleshooting .

Definitely.
I think it is a winnable case. And for HP it will be a bad pr if it is not cooperative. I think a lot of us had had headaches in the past because of this bad ink situation and what HP have done just changed the ink to a bad one too and so on. No real solution.

Turnergraphics

After 1.5 years I changed the ink to an alternative type and solved most of my problems. My black head is not as good as it was before but I have no more ink problems. I asked Hp for some compensation (cash and new printheads) because this 1.5 year faulty ink has cost me about 10.000 Eurs (bad prints, extra labor cost, extra service time etc.) and our printheads are worse than they were before. HP does not want to pay anything and they say they had no problem with the ink (they have changed more than 13 boxes of ink for me).
So right now I am going to sue the HP. If someone is in the same situation please let me know. We can support each other.
Maybe there's an attorney out there that would handle the case for all users of HP UV ink. My story is the same . Spent at least $10000 on print heads when bad ink was the problem from the start.

czbhu

Maybe there's an attorney out there that would handle the case for all users of HP UV ink. My story is the same . Spent at least $10000 on print heads when bad ink was the problem from the start.
I was offered 2000 Euros but I think it is far from my loss. I understand that if all of the Fb users got this amount of money it would be a lot of money for HP. But when I buy a HP spare parts for 10 or 20 times higher price than it can be purchased from market I think they must pay our losses that their inks had caused us.

CORKONBAG

Hello, i'm having a problem with magenta, anyone with the same problem? I'm freaking out with this because i had an big problem with white a year ago, then with yellow, two weeks ago with black and now this.
I guess i will check other brands when i have the chance because im tired of HP. I have the fb550 by the way.

Attachments

• 5FE40D95.jpg
    5FE40D95.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • 8A127C70.jpg
    8A127C70.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 9E1FE96B.jpg
    9E1FE96B.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 125
  • 812E65E6.jpg
    812E65E6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 8774F1B1.jpg
    8774F1B1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113

czbhu

Hello, i'm having a problem with magenta, anyone with the same problem? I'm freaking out with this because i had an big problem with white a year ago, then with yellow, two weeks ago with black and now this.
I guess i will check other brands when i have the chance because im tired of HP. I have the fb550 by the way.
Just change the ink to a good quality alternative brand.