• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 Contour cut

jjwstar

i m able to print the registration mark but have no luck contour cut on the fc7000-100. mark sensor error appear on both auto scan & manual.

would someone with fc7000 explain step by step procedure?

Bill Modzel

First load the printed vinyl making sure it is as square to the plotter as possible. I actually press my thumbnails on the registration marks and move the vinyl until both ends drop in the groove on the plotter bed. Close the clamp and let the plotter register the vinyl width.

Next, using the arrow keys, move the plotter knife in the center area of the closest registration mark. Don't do anything else like setting the origin or anything.

Re-open your file in Illustrator. Hide all the layers but the cut layer and the registration layer. I don't think this is supposed to be necessary but for some reason, my Cutting master will cut all visible vector lines if I don't.

Open Cutting Master and make sure your graphic is in the same direction on screen as it is in the plotter. If not, cancel, go back to Illy, unlock everything and rotate it as needed.

Go back to Cm and send the job. You should get a warning box that basically asks if you have the knife lined up in the registration mark. Click OK and you plotter should read all 4 marks and than cut the image.

I printed and cut 2,000 decals last week. I set them up in sheets of 28 and printed them in 5 sheet runs. Once they were in the plotter I sent them as 5 sheet multiples and ran the whole 150' roll without ever repositioning the vinyl.

CES020

It works very well, but there are specifics you must adhere to and they are in the manual. You MUST have a certain amount of material on each side of the mark and you MUST have a certain amount in front of the mark. If you don't, no matter what you do, you will get a scan error.

Look it up in the manual and it'll show you the amounts needed. Something like 30mm on each side and less on the front.

I cut from Corel into cutmaster, and when you send it to CM, it adds another dialogue box for that. When you tell it to send the job from there, the screen comes up and tells you to position the head. You manually drive the head over to the first mark and then hit enter or continue or whatever it's asking, and it'll start reading them from there.

jjwstar

many thanks: Bill Modzel & CES020...

how accurate is it if i was to contour cut without a white border? pretty much cut to the edge of the graphic

CES020

It's very accurate, but you can't cut to the edge of a print, it won't work, that I know of. You'll always have to have a print that's larger than the finish size by a couple of inches. There are ways to trick it if you had to, like taping on pieces (had to do this once I had prints done and they didn't leave me enough room), so there are things you can do, but my recommendation is to read the manual and play with it a little. It's easy to understand once you do it a few times.