• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC8600 160 NOT CONNECTED BY TCP/IP ?

Mtptrade

Hi Folks

i'm from Australia and it seems like not many people here use the GRAPHTEC, but i did use the Roland and Mimaki before from work before

Now I'm running a business at home, so my budget is not much and did buy the GRAPHTEC 8600-160 which is suitable for my budget ( bought used but in good condition for AUD $2500

the cutting master 4 is not working with the 2021 AI, then i installed the 2020 version and the Graphtec plug-in works fine with it

THE BIG PROB atm i got is i tried to connect it by IP , did enter the Ip 192.168.0.1 ( this is from the plotter screen ) but seems its not connected to cutting master 4 ( it says contact to your system administrator to set up TCP/ip )

also every time i send the job to cutting master 4 , it's still saying not responding ( freezing window )

Anyone got the same issue and knew how to fix it?

there are some orders from my clients and I had to cancel cuz of this trouble

appreciate if anyone can help me out

Mtptrade

Look what your computer has and addition 10 to the end. Put that in the cutter. Try again.
thanks for your help , did you mean this attached , i did change all the details same as the plotter but its still saying try to contact system administrator ?

thanks bro

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-15 202540.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-15 202540.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 192

Mtptrade

Look what your computer has and addition 10 to the end. Put that in the cutter. Try again.
i tried to change the plotter ip to 10 at the end and also for computer settings but still not working. do you reckon anything ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-15 203056.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-15 203056.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 202

netsol

mtp
download advaned ip,scanner & scan your network, it will show all visible devices in your range
it will show manufacturer (not plotter but the network card itself)

the ip address is 12 digits ie: 192.168.001.142
first 9 have to be the same or will not be visible

potential problems:
bad cable
bad network hardware
improperly configured router
many others

pm me, very busy day today, but lets figure out a time i can work you through this, if you want
after 5 pm my time tonight or some time tomorrow

i am in. new jersey east coast gmt - 5 hrs

i don't mind spending an hour working with you on this

Mtptrade

mtp
download advaned ip,scanner & scan your network, it will show all visible devices in your range
it will show manufacturer (not plotter but the network card itself)

the ip address is 12 digits ie: 192.168.001.142
first 9 have to be the same or will not be visible

potential problems:
bad cable
bad network hardware
improperly configured router
many others

pm me, very busy day today, but lets figure out a time i can work you through this, if you want
after 5 pm my time tonight or some time tomorrow

i am in. new jersey east coast gmt - 5 hrs

i don't mind spending an hour working with you on this
Thank you for your help bro. Ill try the soft avanced ip and see how it goes. There's signal from cable then i dont think its that problem

Thanks again mate

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I'm in the same country at least... happy to assist if needed. Can call or even remotely connect and take a peek at your network config and advise how to adjust the Graphtec. We have an 8600 and 9000 working well on our network.

Mtptrade

I'm in the same country at least... happy to assist if needed. Can call or even remotely connect and take a peek at your network config and advise how to adjust the Graphtec. We have an 8600 and 9000 working well on our network.
Great. I did send you message bro.

frankzilla

I just connect it with a long USB cable to make it easier to recognize. It just has to be off the single computer to cut unless you play with and figure out how well it works sharing the device like a printer.

Other than that, TCP IP has given me issues before and the quickest fix was USB cable, and never looked back. Don't have enough need to run multiple computers when I had the shop and now at home, so it doesn't matter to be on Ethernet vs USB off a single computer.

Seems the most stable method.

netsol

Just use tree digit number. (It's a bug plgu-ins)

Sample:

not a good idea, since it has to be one of the 4 ranges reserved for internal use

one of our clients used 194.44.22.xxx range since BEFORE THE WAS AN INTERNET
we did not change until the range we were using was assigned and used in ukraine.

trust me, there is a reason you are using the 192.168.1.xxx range, but, no one wants to hear a boring lecture about binary math

months ago i suggested using advanced ip scanner, not quite sure why that did not work out.
if OP wants to message me i will spend a few minutes with him