• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600 springs?

datoshway

I have a FC8600 64". It's about 6 years old. After a pretty large perf cut job our cutter is acting up. It's dragging the knife across when setting up. Also not cutting all the way through any longer. Replaced the cutting strip. No difference. I pulled the cover off the head and found a spring back there which seems to support both the cross cut knife and the cutting knife. Does this need replacing? What else would cause this issue?

Attachments

• 119095714_10157656739423861_3884201445467692994_n.jpg
    119095714_10157656739423861_3884201445467692994_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 177

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You could have worn out/"burned" the main actuator right there in the middle. Anyways it's pretty standard stuff on older cutters to be replaced if they have been worked hard.

karst41

I have a FC8600 64". It's about 6 years old. After a pretty large perf cut job our cutter is acting up. It's dragging the knife across when setting up. Also not cutting all the way through any longer. Replaced the cutting strip. No difference. I pulled the cover off the head and found a spring back there which seems to support both the cross cut knife and the cutting knife. Does this need replacing? What else would cause this issue?

I Thought Perf cuts were required the blade holder to be in the forward position of the mount?
The reason I ask is I have the same cutter and after making the first perf cut I saw scratches on the cutting strip, and immediately stopped until I could learn the correct procedure.

Joe House

Your sheet cut blade didn't disengage. Simply press the plate on the left side and lighly lift the blade holder to disengage it. If this happens again, you probably need to calibrate the sheet cut engage/disengage position.
karst41 - Perf cutting can done in either position as long as you set up the condition for the tool position that you're using. Doing it on the cut strip will wear out the cut strip faster, but tends to give a better quality perf cut. Doing it over the trough will work well if you take the time to get it dialed in right. Some people will do kiss cutting and perf cutting on the cut strip (just make sure that you're budgeting in a new cut strip every month or two and that you have the blade depth set right) and some do kiss cutting and perf cutting both over the trough - this takes time to get dialed in - Force is the key here. Both of these methods are faster than: Kiss cutting on the strip and perf cutting on the trough. Though you can gang up jobs and send all the kiss cuts at once and then send the perf cuts after changing the blade position.

There are usually many ways to get something done. It just depends on personal preferences.

Good Luck

datoshway

Your sheet cut blade didn't disengage. Simply press the plate on the left side and lighly lift the blade holder to disengage it. If this happens again, you probably need to calibrate the sheet cut engage/disengage position.
karst41 - Perf cutting can done in either position as long as you set up the condition for the tool position that you're using. Doing it on the cut strip will wear out the cut strip faster, but tends to give a better quality perf cut. Doing it over the trough will work well if you take the time to get it dialed in right. Some people will do kiss cutting and perf cutting on the cut strip (just make sure that you're budgeting in a new cut strip every month or two and that you have the blade depth set right) and some do kiss cutting and perf cutting both over the trough - this takes time to get dialed in - Force is the key here. Both of these methods are faster than: Kiss cutting on the strip and perf cutting on the trough. Though you can gang up jobs and send all the kiss cuts at once and then send the perf cuts after changing the blade position.

There are usually many ways to get something done. It just depends on personal preferences.

Good Luck
thank you! I heard from Graphtec and they also suggested the calibrations which I did and it's working fine now!