• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC9000 - Cutting Issues Barcode and Mark

Goatshaver

This is what I got from Graphtec.

"Please place the tool position ‘in’ the black box instead of below it.

I am also noticing that the position of the marks and content are inside the roller transport area which we do not recommend."

What the heck is the roller transport area?
Sounds like you have your work too close to the outer pinch rollers. I usually leave about 1" on either side of the sheet for the outermost rollers.

MichaelAlmand

The rollers have to be outside the registration marks.
The head needs positioned in front (about 1-2 inches) of the black box.
When you load/clamp the material your "start point" for that operation has to be well in front of this area.

Every error it gives you is unique to a certain issue, so posting up the issue should help us diagnose the problem.
Yeah, it doesn't even try to scan goes out once to look and then right away I get a barcode scan error.

I need to figure out how to post a video here.

ikarasu

Put your rollers as far apart as they can be - even if your media is smaller. Do a load at current position. Then open the clamp, move the wheels closer to your media and click continue.

Move the head as far in the corner as you can , past the black box on the top and the side, and set that as your home position.

Then jognover to the mark and hit barcode.

If it acts like it doesn't even try by beeping once, usually that means it's detecting your barcode is past the home position - either because you printed it too close to the edge and it can't read it (common with a 54" cutter and 54" material) or because when you loaded it, it set your home too far away.

If that works... You can expand your cut area, it helps a bit but not much. The better solution is to add some offset in onyx.

ikarasu

It worked!
Awesome job guys thank you all very much.
Your pain isnt over yet! It took me awhile to get used to it. Now 9.5/10 times I can get it to read the barcode with no effort... There will always be one job thats a pain to read though...

Once you get used to it, its a great system. This is graphtecs first foray into barcodes on their system... So it's probaby not as smooth as it should be. But honestly, once you learn the basic stuff that graphtec doesn't even point out themselves for some reason (The stuff I mentioned above) It's pretty easy and stable.

Goatshaver

Same goes for what ikarasu said. Once I got it going and found the right parameters 99% of the time it works great. Every now and again I have a hiccup, but it's nice when you get it to work and don't have to tend to the machine constantly and can just let it run.

Bill DiStasio

Everything has to be set just right and the server has to be running. I found it worked better when I set the machine instruction with the job instead of at the machine. If you try to control it from both in the software and at the machine it seems to get confused.

ikarasu

Funny enough, it doesn't even matter if it's the same PC.

If you have onyx cut server opened on one PC, cutting master won't cut on a different PC until you close onyx.

Flexi may work better.. but that's because cutting master / Flexi is pretty much the same engine.

You just need to make sure if you're using illustrator to have onyx cut server closed and vice versa. Minor inconvenience... I wouldn't buy new software for it.

MichaelAlmand

I installed everything on a different computer, and it works... I will make sure I do not have both the cut server and illustrator running at the same time.

Hope it stays working!