• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC9000 - Cutting Issues Barcode and Mark

Goatshaver

Also looking to know if there is a way to have the Cut Off function to happen after it finishes cutting one job? Might be a setting I have to turn off.
I did a test of a couple roll barcode pieces, it read and cut the first job, then did the second barcode and cut, then it went back to to the first one and cut that sheet off. I just want to it cut one job and then cut the sheet then move on to the next barcode.

Goatshaver

Guess this is just me in here now trying to answer my own questions. :p

So I've tried Thrive 21.1 with the update and the roll barcode will not work at all. I talked with Onyx and they checked my settings and said if they had another update for the FC9000 they'd let me know. Well that's not very reassuring, I'm not spedning $1k to upgrade to software that MIGHT work.

I just want to get the function of the Cross Cut to work on rolls after it cuts one barcode section which I can't seem to do. Cany anyone elighten me on how to do this in Cut Master? Would it be worth looking into Flexi if that can do what I want?

ikarasu

Are you on the newest firmware for your fc9000? I have it working with thrive 21.

This will be drastic... But uninstall both onyx versions you have, reboot and reinstall thrive 21. When I upgraded the bar idea stopped working as well, I had to do a fresh install rather than an upgrade and everything worked fine.

Copy your old thrive folder... Or export your printers / settings before uninstalling it. Then re import them.

Goatshaver

Are you on the newest firmware for your fc9000? I have it working with thrive 21.

This will be drastic... But uninstall both onyx versions you have, reboot and reinstall thrive 21. When I upgraded the bar idea stopped working as well, I had to do a fresh install rather than an upgrade and everything worked fine.

Copy your old thrive folder... Or export your printers / settings before uninstalling it. Then re import them.
So I started by just uninstalling Onyx 21.1. I noticed it had installed it to my removable drive, guess it defaulted there because of Onyx 19. Reinstalled to the C drive and performed the Graphtec update for 21.1.
Did a test print and tried the roll and it worked this time after a few tries. It was a bit picky about reading the barcode for some reason. I appreciate you help with this.

ikarasu

The barcode is a bit tricky. It used to take me 4-5 tries for it to read it... Now it's fine!

You're supposed to print with it aligned to the left (centered will change every panels barcode position, so if you're using roll barcodes it won't continue and read the next)

And I position it about 3 inches below the barcode right at the edge. For some reason when you press barcode it moves the reader in and it's almost to the exact white gap between the barcode and black line... So I move it to the right and about 3 inches below and it tends to read it perfectly now. There's still an occasion when it won't read it .. and if you hit cancel it'll way it's because it detected it's too skewed.

but for the most part once you get the hang of it, it works really good

Bill DiStasio

We do not use Thrive, just regular Onyx (ProductionHouse?). But we have had to patch it TWICE in the past couple months as they release patches/upgrades, no versions older than a few months old should work well if at all; ours certainly didn't. Graphtec just recently started working with Onyx on getting their software to work well together, before that Graphtec just said oh well, use our software.
Switch to Flexi and get rid of all of those problems!:)

Pavia

Success last night. I was able to print and cut a roll barcode. There is hope! Don't see the need to spend $1k on a software update just to get my cutter to work with Onyx if I can help it.

Going to try a few prints with barcodes today and see what happens.
Hi, Goatshaver how did you solve the cut server Issues with Onyx and Graphtec? We have an FC9000 and it can't receive from the cut server. Our Summa S2 class works fine with the Onyx server.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hi, Goatshaver how did you solve the cut server Issues with Onyx and Graphtec? We have an FC9000 and it can't receive from the cut server. Our Summa S2 class works fine with the Onyx server.
We had to upgrade to the newest Onyx version and then it has been working flawlessly since. Onyx support should be able to help you get it going.

MichaelAlmand

Scan Mode 1 on my cutter.

What happens when you try to read a barcode? Are you using a roll barcode or sheet barcode?
using a roll barcode. I set it up at the start point (black) and hit barcode. Then it just comes out sometimes a scan error pops up and other times its searching way off.

Goatshaver

using a roll barcode. I set it up at the start point (black) and hit barcode. Then it just comes out sometimes a scan error pops up and other times its searching way off.
I assume your putting the start just under the black box before you start it. It should find it and start to look for the sever for the related cut files after the starts the scan.
Are you using some kind of special material?

Goatshaver

You might want to check on any firmware updates for the cutter and also any updates that have been released for Onyx.
It should read it and fail on finding the data at least, doesn't even seem like it's detecting the mark at all.

MichaelAlmand

I’ll try that out. Granted is saying something about the print is in the “I am also noticing that the position of the marks and content are inside the roller transport area which we do not recommend.”

Where is the roller transport area?

ikarasu

I cant even get the thing to scan the barcode. what a waste of a feature. onyx 22
What error does it give you?

I find you should start half an inch to an inch above the black rectangle.

Of course this only fixes the issue if your problem is it can't find the barcode to read it.

If it scans it and the server isnt on, or setup properly it'll give a different error.

It's a great feature and it works great once you get it up and running - let us know what specific error it gives, or better yet record a video and we can get you up and running.

MichaelAlmand

What error does it give you?

I find you should start half an inch to an inch above the black rectangle.

Of course this only fixes the issue if your problem is it can't find the barcode to read it.

If it scans it and the server isnt on, or setup properly it'll give a different error.

It's a great feature and it works great once you get it up and running - let us know what specific error it gives, or better yet record a video and we can get you up and running.
This is what I got from Graphtec.

"Please place the tool position ‘in’ the black box instead of below it.

I am also noticing that the position of the marks and content are inside the roller transport area which we do not recommend."

What the heck is the roller transport area?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The rollers have to be outside the registration marks.
The head needs positioned in front (about 1-2 inches) of the black box.
When you load/clamp the material your "start point" for that operation has to be well in front of this area.

Every error it gives you is unique to a certain issue, so posting up the issue should help us diagnose the problem.