• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC9000 or GR2 in Flexi 10

kheebl

I am running Flexi 10 and I am looking to upgrade my plotter. Can I get the FC9000 or Roland GR2 to work in Flexi 10 or will I have to upgrade to the cloud version? I really hate the new subscription models everyone is coming out with now.

I understand with the FC9000 I can get it to cut directly from illustratior or CorelDRAW which is doable for me if I can’t get Flexi to work. Does the roland GR2 have that ability?

Vassago

They will work, just use the most recent driver that's closest.. Think for the graphtec it's the 5000..of course you won't have access to the wizz bang features.. But it'll cut

kheebl

They will work, just use the most recent driver that's closest.. Think for the graphtec it's the 5000..of course you won't have access to the wizz bang features.. But it'll cut
The newest graphtec I can add is a fc8000. I’ll give that a try when I take delivery thanks.

FrankW

You can buy flexi 21 outright? Without doing the whole subscription thing?
We are dealers in europe, and we could sell Flexisign and Flexiprint in different variations. You cant by it online, but a dealer should be able to help.

Rat_Fink

Can anyone confirm that using an older driver works with the FC9000 cutters? I'm running Flexi 12 Mutoh version and the latest drivers are for FC8600.
I'm considering getting a new Graphtec FC9000, but don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Flexi.
Thanks!

kheebl

Can anyone confirm that using an older driver works with the FC9000 cutters? I'm running Flexi 12 Mutoh version and the latest drivers are for FC8600.
I'm considering getting a new Graphtec FC9000, but don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Flexi.
Thanks!
I tried the 8000 drivers with my 9000 and wasn’t able to get it to work, I didn’t spend much time on it tho.

Rat_Fink

If anyone is interested - I did get confirmation from support at Graphtec that the FC9000 cutters will run on the older drivers (In my case, the FC8600) - the only feature that would not be available is the Barcoade scanner as that is on included in the older drivers.
My new FC9000-100 arrived today and I set it up using the older driver and it works flawlessly. Tested cutting regular cal and cast vinyl and also Laminated IJ35 using reg mark scanner. All works as it should.
Take care!

kheebl

If anyone is interested - I did get confirmation from support at Graphtec that the FC9000 cutters will run on the older drivers (In my case, the FC8600) - the only feature that would not be available is the Barcoade scanner as that is on included in the older drivers.
My new FC9000-100 arrived today and I set it up using the older driver and it works flawlessly. Tested cutting regular cal and cast vinyl and also Laminated IJ35 using reg mark scanner. All works as it should.
Take care!
How is your plotter setup? Is it Ethernet or usb? I have been trying to get my 9000 to work with flexi 10 on a 8000 driver using Ethernet but have been unsuccessful