• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC9000 or GR2 in Flexi 10

Vassago

You'd only be able to use basic interfaces - virtually all plotters use variants of hpgl - they just add extras to it.

If you use an older driver, you can't use things like barcode scanners or auto alignment - if the highest version driver supported it, you might have a chance, but it's basically the lowest common denominator.

I have had luck with modifying some drivers, but it's not guaranteed to work. All depends on if they've rewritten them, or just updated them.

kheebl

You'd only be able to use basic interfaces - virtually all plotters use variants of hpgl - they just add extras to it.

If you use an older driver, you can't use things like barcode scanners or auto alignment - if the highest version driver supported it, you might have a chance, but it's basically the lowest common denominator.

I have had luck with modifying some drivers, but it's not guaranteed to work. All depends on if they've rewritten them, or just updated them.
When I set my fc9000-160 to hpgl and set flexi to use the 8000-160 driver when I send a cut to the plotter the fc9000 makes a noise for a second then doesn’t do anything. I have thought about trying to hook it up via Ethernet and see what happens I just haven’t had time to buy a longer cable. I’m a 1 man shop so I only have 1 computer I send files from so usb has always worked fine for me. I wish I knew how to edit drivers

Vassago

When I set my fc9000-160 to hpgl and set flexi to use the 8000-160 driver when I send a cut to the plotter the fc9000 makes a noise for a second then doesn’t do anything. I have thought about trying to hook it up via Ethernet and see what happens I just haven’t had time to buy a longer cable. I’m a 1 man shop so I only have 1 computer I send files from so usb has always worked fine for me. I wish I knew how to edit drivers
Ah.. No.. Just leave it set to use the graphtec driver.. The 8000 driver should run the 9000 without any issues.

If you set the 9000 to hpgl, you'd use a hpgl driver instead. The graphtec driver would output extra bits, which the 9000 set to hpgl wouldn't understand.

kheebl

Ah.. No.. Just leave it set to use the graphtec driver.. The 8000 driver should run the 9000 without any issues.

If you set the 9000 to hpgl, you'd use a hpgl driver instead. The graphtec driver would output extra bits, which the 9000 set to hpgl wouldn't understand.
I think I tried it with the plotter set to gpgl, but I’ll definitely give it another try tomorrow when I’m at the shop.