• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fdc graphic films

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
has anyone tried it? seems like a reseller to me, but there is a local distributor and I'm always a fan of that.

Any insight on this companies products would be helpful.

thanks guys

Raulrdz

I use to use them about three years ago, never had any negative experiences with FDC, I stopped using it because I started buying Oracal and Arlon locally.

Jillbeans

The only problem I have ever had with an FDC film was an unmarked splice in the middle of a roll.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

i believe from my experience with that brand, they are not a reseller but a manufacture and some of their re-branded intermediate vinyl goes by GMI, SHINE RITE, BRITE LINE. and its all good)))))))

Jackpine

i believe from my experience with that brand, they are not a reseller but a manufacture and some of their re-branded intermediate vinyl goes by GMI, SHINE RITE, BRITE LINE. and its all good)))))))
SHINE RITE, BRITE LINE and GlossTec (GT) are made by General Formulation and they are excellent quality and performance and at a good priced point. FDC film I believe is a 3Mproduct.

HulkSmash

SHINE RITE, BRITE LINE and GlossTec (GT) are made by General Formulation and they are excellent quality and performance and at a good priced point. FDC film I believe is a 3Mproduct.

Briteline is terrible. bubbles and shrinks all day. especially their cut vinyl.

HulkSmash

must be an altitude thing...........at sea level no problems with SHINE RITE/BRITELINE))))))

maybe. Ive used it a few times.. sometimes without grief, most of the times with. Maybe im just getting a bad lot. But i figure, 30 bucks more for a roll of ij35, why not.

Jackpine

Bubbles would be an application issue. All three are the same product with different names for the different distributors. I have used all three named and have had zero issues. I have signs out over 7 years and look almost as good as day one. I'm in the process of remaking a chiropractor sign I did with Shinerite white on painted (black oneshot) MDO that has been up 10 + years. Everything is good but the metallic striping and paint fade (weathering) but the white vinyl is good. There is about 1/8" shrinking but it is a calender product. I also use GT and Shinerite cast for projects that demand better performance.
Briteline is terrible. bubbles and shrinks all day. especially their cut vinyl.

HulkSmash

Bubbles would be an application issue. All three are the same product with different names for the different distributors. I have used all three named and have had zero issues. I have signs out over 7 years and look almost as good as day one. I'm in the process of remaking a chiropractor sign I did with Shinerite white on painted (black oneshot) MDO that has been up 10 + years. Everything is good but the metallic striping and paint fade (weathering) but the white vinyl is good. There is about 1/8" shrinking but it is a calender product. I also use GT and Shinerite cast for projects that demand better performance.

Actually has nothing to do with application. Pretty sure we know how to lay vinyl. As i said a BAD LOT or something to the effect. Sorry i don't use off brand intermediate, even cast vinyl to lay on long term signs. Is it application issue when the vinyl shrinks in 6 months?? The adhesive separates from the actual vinyl.