• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Featherflag problem with Flag and Signs USA

LarryB

I just received my feather flag from Flag and Signs USA (RT Boxes) and was not pleased with the quality. Color in my logo was way off (see attached)

I sent them artwork created using their template and they sent me a proof which is attached. I approved the proof which looks just like my artwork. Get the flag and notice the cyan is way off. They are telling me that I must specify pantone colors in order for colors to match.

Why send a proof if it is not going to look like the final product? They said they will be happy to remake it but will charge me for it.

Am I out of line? Can anybody recommend anyone else?

Attachments

• SignQuick-Logo-PROOF.jpg
    SignQuick-Logo-PROOF.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 93
  • flagandsignusa.jpg
    flagandsignusa.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 110
O

onlinestar

my 2 cents on this are... there are average companies and there are great ones. A great one would clearly see that you sent them a "wanna be rich black" file, and should of called you back and explain that cause flags are like fine mesh and somewhat translucent, your rich black will never be true rich black, but look like a very very very dark shade of gray/black; and get your ok on it (you won't get much better black anywhere else anyway). Average company would simply print and say it's done how it is. Both are right, but I would not buy from them again.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Agreed with others that often times, flag colors do not come out exactly identical to how a computer monitor would present it. Having a pantone check is usually recommended when ordering a large set of flags to ensure the correct image is printed the way you want it to be. Also, be wary that some file formats tend to come out differently when it comes to flag printing; we had a customer that frequently orders UPS flags from us consistently and when he provided an .TIF file instead of his usual .EPS, the colors actually came out a lot more vibrant. As for recommending a flag printing company, you can feel free to try us out; we offer a wide variety of flags at great prices such as our 16’ flag with hardware included for $99.99

LarryB

my 2 cents on this are... there are average companies and there are great ones. A great one would clearly see that you sent them a "wanna be rich black" file, and should of called you back and explain that cause flags are like fine mesh and somewhat translucent, your rich black will never be true rich black, but look like a very very very dark shade of gray/black; and get your ok on it (you won't get much better black anywhere else anyway). Average company would simply print and say it's done how it is. Both are right, but I would not buy from them again.

Bingo!! If a customer sent me artwork which I knew was not going to print correct then why proceed. Ultimately it is my responsibility to understand this but this is the first time I had ordered a full color flag and did not realize the color issues. Now I know what to look for so this will not happen again.

In my book they are below average. Some of my long time vendors are ones I can count on to inform me of any issues which may come up. I will be trying out on the merchant members here.

the graphics co

In my experiences pantone matched colors must always be specified, being in the same field of business i would think the responsibility falls on you. You should know that you cannot trust the color on your monitor, and all printers are profiled differently. Your only chance to get consistency from multiple vendors is to specify the pantone color you most closely need to match. That is exactly why pantone as a company exists. How can your vendor know whether or not the blue in your flag is matching the products you printed at your shop?