• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback from Flexi 10 users

jayhawksigns

So during the installation, when it asks to overwrite the previous installation, will selecting no to keep our settings still install the update?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
So during the installation, when it asks to overwrite the previous installation, will selecting no to keep our settings still install the update?

We have been told by SAi support not to overwrite the previous installation, apparently there have been issues on customer's systems when they do. This will keep your current copy of Flexi 10 intact and install 10.5 in a new folder.

visual800

Im on 10 from 7.6 no biggie really, a couple of usable changes. it seems to open up more files or diff formats and saves pdfs. i like flexi it all i know but without illustrator it wouldnt be worth a damn for finishing the art!

Graphic Source

I am actually having HUGE problems with the update, and have been with tech support 3x now since installing it 3 days ago. It rips my stuff at 100%, but does not print it at 100%. I am getting all smaller prints than what I input, and there is no rhyme or reason to the percentage it reduces the size. Plus I don't see where it does it. I had to go back to all default prefs, then reload my printers and then it worked. However, when I shut down Flexi/Manager overnight, the same problem occurred the next day. It's so frustrating, I wasted so much material and time, and as of now my production is at a standstill as I'm waiting again for tech support SAI to call me.
Anybody know how to fix this printing issue?
Thanks
Dan

CS-SignSupply

I believe the issue Dan posted has been resolved by SAi and GraphixDirect... Installing 10.5 into its own directory is recommended. Overwriting the previous install causes problems, as with most advanced graphics software.

1robbie

We purchased 10.3 so we could upgrade printers. Had we have known then we probably would not have. We ran in 8.5 because 8.6 was horrible. We truly don't think 10
.3 or 10.4 are anybetter. I have left messages and no return calls. I have sent files with problems and no responses other than what is your operating system. They have not even downloaded my files from yousendit where I sent them. Think I will wait on 10.5. Our main problem right now is that it just randomly pops up failed to save document and all my work is gone. They don't know why -- imagine that.
Good luck to everyone.

LittleSnakey

I have been using it for just over a week now. Some problems I am having are the same I get the failed to save error, and illegal operation errors causing shut down sometimes saving sometimes not.

Here is one big problem It won't print a pattern made with a jpg file, so it makes any pattern tiles useless. You can get around this by rasterizing with a mask but that is extra work and also increases the file size depending on the dpi.

We upgraded to stay current and hopefully the new version would use more of the computer resources but it does not seem to.

On a good note, It does seem to print blue better and also grey better with the profiles we normally use.

We purchased 10.3 so we could upgrade printers. Had we have known then we probably would not have. We ran in 8.5 because 8.6 was horrible. We truly don't think 10
.3 or 10.4 are anybetter. I have left messages and no return calls. I have sent files with problems and no responses other than what is your operating system. They have not even downloaded my files from yousendit where I sent them. Think I will wait on 10.5. Our main problem right now is that it just randomly pops up failed to save document and all my work is gone. They don't know why -- imagine that.
Good luck to everyone.

jbennett

Been using it since the day it came out. The rip seems a little faster, but the transparency is the main thing. If you desire realistic shadows with adjustable transparency, then 10.5 is great. If not, it really doesnt make much difference between it and the older 8.1 version I had before buying 10 some time back.

jbennett