• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback from Flexi 10 users

I understand I am still in the stone-age with my FlexiPro8.6v2... but I'm perfectly fine with the 8.6v that I have been running for the past few year with minimal issues..

I was wanting some feedback from those that are using the Flexi10... Do you like it?? What makes it better?

I'm just not sure if I can justify a $800 upgrade if it is going to be the same old Flexi.

I also see that there was an upgrade released today that has a new rip engine.. Has anyone used this and how does it perform?? They state the transparent lens feature will works better with the new rip program...

Any relevant feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm also interested... We also stayed at 8.6v2 since it is happily humming along and working nice. I also remember some having problems with the first 10 release but I think some of the patches after fixed some issues. I'm guessing I'll probably need to re-profile as well since I do not use any of the canned profiles - expecially if there is a newer version of Adobe CPSI (this is the actual RIP used by FlexiSign which is from Adobe) and potentially the new PDF print engine from Adobe.

LittleSnakey

Any one try 10.5 yet. Got e-mails last couple days from flexi.

Extra, extra! Read all about it!
Flexi and PhotoPRINT 10.5

SAi offers new features and improved stability with their latest release, Flexi and PhotoPRINT 10.5! Read all about the latest updates below. Stay tuned for download details...
– SAi’s new PDF RIP engine uses cutting edge technology to process jobs. SAi is confident that moving to a more sophisticated RIP engine with better output will greatly improve our customer’s experience with our software solutions. – We've added Pantone Plus libraries. – We've added font size selection for barcode 128. – We've improved the nesting algorithm to further optimize media usage.

Any one try 10.5 yet. Got e-mails last couple days from flexi.

Extra, extra! Read all about it!
Flexi and PhotoPRINT 10.5

SAi offers new features and improved stability with their latest release, Flexi and PhotoPRINT 10.5! Read all about the latest updates below. Stay tuned for download details...
– SAi’s new PDF RIP engine uses cutting edge technology to process jobs. SAi is confident that moving to a more sophisticated RIP engine with better output will greatly improve our customer’s experience with our software solutions. – We've added Pantone Plus libraries. – We've added font size selection for barcode 128. – We've improved the nesting algorithm to further optimize media usage.

Same here, that is why I created this post.. Is this just a gimmick to get us to pay for an upgrade.... When in a few month there will be another new and improved version???

CS-SignSupply

Release notes state the following:

NEW FEATURES:
– SAi’s new PDF RIP engine uses cutting edge technology to process jobs. SAi is confident that moving to a more sophisticated RIP engine with better output will greatly improve our customer’s experience with our software solutions.
– We've added Pantone Plus libraries.
– We've added font size selection for barcode 128.
– We've improved the nesting algorithm to further optimize media usage.

BUG FIXES:
PDF Files now apply correct rendering intent for embedded ICC profiles
and others but this one really stuck out to me

thewood

Off the top of my head, here are a few upgrades from v8 to v10:

• v10 automatically saves files with a copy of the text converted to outlines so one can open the file in the future without having the font.
•v10 has a transparent soft shadow (which I never use)
•v10 supports some printers that v8 does not--which led us to upgrade.

There are several more, many of which pertain to the RIP engine, but those are the ones I recall.

If you have v8, and it is working for you. I don't really see any reason to upgrade to v10.

I haven't installed the v10.5 update yet. I'm waiting to hear reviews from other users first. These updates can be glitchy/buggy.

tsgstl

I use 8.6 as well

My biggest problem is importing/exporting PDF's with any transparencies. They make them a solid color. I always have to import them in Photoshop and make a huge jpg or tif. Exporting is the same issue

My other gripe (might be user error) the rounded corner border radius is not adjustable. EZ to fix with creating my own but this is technology that was accessible in the early 90's

The pdf thing would be worth half that price because it is a big problem for me but it doesn't sound as if anything else is worth my $

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i see no reason to upgrade unless you have to.

it's basically the same program.

in my case i had to to get the latex printer RIPing....

CS-SignSupply

I use 8.6 as well

My other gripe (might be user error) the rounded corner border radius is not adjustable. EZ to fix with creating my own but this is technology that was accessible in the early 90's

Are you referring to the Border radius when using the Shape tool?

This is adjustable but requires you to input the exact measurements of the shape and radius within Design Central. If you enter this information and checkmark to create the object, then resize the object, the radius corners will be distorted.

tsgstl

Are you referring to the Border radius when using the Shape tool?

This is adjustable but requires you to input the exact measurements of the shape and radius within Design Central. If you enter this information and checkmark to create the object, then resize the object, the radius corners will be distorted.

EXACTLY, Most commonly typical parking sign 12"x18" blanks
The radius does not appear to be adjustable. I use the template that is on the bottom row of optional choices (maybe wrong?) After seeing your reply I thought maybe I missed something because I don't even try anymore and that was 3 years ago. But I only see height and width adjustments and also thickness. When you select it there is nodes that show up at the beginning of the radius but I have never figured out how to adjust them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
"fixed and issue with the HP L26500 and L28500 last used settings dialog appearing when no changes had been made."

thats funny, message pops up every time that i made a change and no change was made.... i think i'll keep it that way for now, it lets me know when the print is done!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have been testing 10.5 since Thursday and I don't really see any differences on the Flexi Design side of things. On the RIP side they have replaced CPSI.exe with ARIP.exe. I have tested several PDF files, and there have been color improvements in shadows and dark black areas as well as in a transparency within one of the pdf files. In the attached pictures both prints were printed on the same media with the same profile on the same printer so the only difference was the new RIP Engine. You can see that in the print from 10.5 the color in the light bulbs stays blue where it shifts to Purple in the 10.0.4 print. Rip times seem to be the same so far just from watching it but I haven't sat there and actually timed it.

Attachments

• IMG_20120130_094703.jpg
    IMG_20120130_094703.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20120130_094711.jpg
    IMG_20120130_094711.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 81