• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fiberglass sign manufacturer wanted

I've got a lead on some fiberglass signs that may pan out from a company called Accuform but I'm looking for any other leads that are available, if possible.

A customer is requesting some 8" x 4" fiberglass signs, approximately 150 of them, each with a different letter/number on it. These would have a .5" radius, two 1/4" holes and would need to be approximately .060"-.080" thick. We've never really dealt much with fiberglass signs, so this is new to me. I'd really appreciate any suggestions as to vendors who can produce something like these. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20201015_140212.jpg
    20201015_140212.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Sign blank blueprint.jpg
    Sign blank blueprint.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 172
http://www.complexplastics.com/FIBERBRITE/index.htm
I use this company and they will cut sizes for you. Any woodworking tools work. I use them instead of aluminum so the bums, homeless (for the bleeding hearts) do not steal them.

The rather unfriendly guy on the phone says they come in 3/32" thickness in 4 x 8 sheets and they do not do any fabrication. I would have no problem making them in-house from raw material except they need radius corners, which I can not do. I asked and they absolutely want the radius corners.

unclebun

That used to be a standard sign blank available from Fiber Brite. But they went out of business--ACM killed them. If I remember, you could do the radius corners with a standard corner rounding tool.

Johnny Best

You can cut the size you need and stack them with a couple pieces of double sided banner hem tape and cut close with jig saw and then use belt sander to make the rounded corners. The stuff cuts easily.

We just took down some neighborhood signage and replace with some more ornamental signage. The street signs were fiberglass which was a shock to me as I never see this anymore, they were put up before the housing market crash around 2005. I found several libnks to fiberglass but those links are now dead. Why cant this client use .063 aluminum or possibly .080

https://www.sign-maker.net/commercial/gpp-colours-fixings.htm#fibreglass

They will take aluminum if it's what we have to substitute the fiberglass with but would prefer the fiberglass like they've already been using for years. Trying to find a supplier that can produce 8" x 4" aluminum blanks to spec isn't an easy task either, apparently.