• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File exchanging fellows

ezkimo

Well i am 99 % sure that this is legal and morally right !
plz stop me if you think it is not.

The thing is i don't know (yet) how to make my own color profiles for my pritners !
so would it be that absurd to have a profiles thread or a collection here on the site ?

I am planing to learn to make my own profiles. and in those cases i could assume that a database with other ppl profiles for testing would be nice.

Steve C.

Click on the Printingdigital.net banner at the bottom of the page. I think
they offer a pretty large selection of print profiles.

ezkimo

yeah they alot of icc profiles.

few for valuejet and the toucan tho :(

should i maby just advertise to those who have valuejet toucan and hp5500
to send me profiles ?

also anyone who could give me some pointers how to start learning to make profiles. and what spectrum gadgets works well?

Replicator

I asked the same question of Fred a while back and the reply was of sound mind !

There are so many different printers and settings and substrates and blah, blah blah, . . .

That it would probably not work . . . What might work fantastically for me and my machine and substrate.

might work completely differently for you even if you have the same set of circumstances

Rod

Aside from the various printer-specific settings within the profile, there are also the environmental conditions wherein the printer is operating (e.g., humidity, room temperature). Though you can obtain a profile for a particular media and ink combination, you still need to test the print quality and tweak the profile as appropriate.

ezkimo

ok then but how can i make my own profiles ?

plz point me to some reading material hardware ideas and other tips