• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File viewer for AI, EPS & CDR

ChiknNutz

Is there software that will view ALL of these formats. I think Extensis will but seems kinda pricey at $200. Looked at ACDSee, but couldn't determine what formats it supports on their website. Anyone else have a software they use that will do them all simultaneously?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just checked on Thumbs Plus which supports CDR but not AI and EPS preview only which is very low rez.

Thumbs Plus

The only one I know of is Portfolio which does support all the formats you are looking for.

OldPaint

thumbs plus will do some EPS.....and AI. but not all. does adobe illistrator have a thumbnail thing like corel??? if it did it would probably see eps/ai.

I HAVE A SHAREWARE PROGRAM THAT CAME ON A CLIPART CD. IT IS CALLED CHEEWOO VARYVIEW1.2. IT SEEMS TO DO OK BUT ON MY COMPUTER IT HAS A SMALL GLITCH. ONCE I SELECT THE PATH WHERE THE GRAPHICS ARE (CD DRIVE) AND THEN PLACE ANOTHER CD IN THE DRIVER, I HAVE TO CLOSE THE PROGRAM DOWN AND OPEN IT AGAIN TO RECOGNIZE THE NEW PATH. GO TO WWW.CHEEWOO.COM TO SEE IF IT IS STILL AVALIABLE.

:Oops: NEVER MIND. I JUST TRIED VIEWING AN .AI FILE AND IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THIS FORMAT. SORRY!!!

darinbushman

Paint Shop Pro

Paintshop Pro has a good browser, but it requires .ai files to be 9.0 or later... this utilizes the embedded thumbnails within the .ai file Someone on signforums had posted a technique to mass convert .ai files but can't seem to find it right now... hmmmmmm I wonder why...... kimon... are you bald yet....

darinbushman

Back to extensis..... I just bought it.. it has the same constraint.. it won't see some .ai files that don't have embedded thumbnails.... but it is an incredibly strong tool.. I have spent a week setting it up but can only imagine how powerful it is going to be for me... If you look at it only as a browser.. then it's pretty pricey, if you look at it as a digital asset manager.. it gets pretty reasonable...

Darin

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Darin, you must have something setup wrong. I've been using Portfolio since version 4 and I master almost all my of my clipart in AI Version 3 format. Portfolio thrives on these files, along with EPS and Corel CMX.

You are correct in that it is a digital asset manager and not just a browser. Our clipart would be nearly worthless to us without it.