• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Files stuck

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I've had this problem before but I think it was with an .avi file -- same symptoms, though.

I've just searched for this myself, once again, and found nothing familiar, but I do remember that when this happened to me before, I did find the fix on Microsoft's site.

CS-SignSupply

right click and check properties of the file and see if you can change any of the file attributes... then try to delete???
(if it will allow)

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
So, here is something I just found...

So the easiest way i found to delete the file is to first find the DIR and filename of your avi file, then open a cmd window (Start>Run>CMD), after doing so hit CRTL+ALT+DEL kill End the process "explorer.exe" (dont worry we can bring it back up). Then go back to your cmd window. Navigate to the dir of your file, type DEL Filenamehere and hit enter , run explorer again (CRTL+ALT+DEL File>New Process>Explorer) and then the file is gone , that simple, No other programs required, worked for me hope it helps someone else
Thanx for your help everyone

maybe this might work for you...

qmr55

Tried everything stated above, none worked!

Bootdeleter spit out a run time error and killbox wouldn't even open.

qmr55

More options....

http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mi...ent/442526-cannot-delete-file-zero-bytes.html

Sevenforums will probably also have several things to try. I'd also try a full disk check where Windows has to reboot to do the full check. Usually these zero byto files give cannot find file errors. Yours is throwing corruption errors so it might just be some incorrectly flagged free space in the file tables or something.

It's not a zero byte file but I tried that anyway, cmd prompt gives me the error

"The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable"

:banghead:

Running out of ideas..