• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Files stuck

qmr55

I've got 3 files stuck on my desktop, two jpegs and a flexi file.

They've been there for about 6 months and every time I try to delete them I get this error and they are still there!

I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of them, even tried logging into my second OS (linux) and couldn't delete it through that either.
Any idea why they won't go away?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 68

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Zero byte file.... I've run into this before.

Probably will have to delete the file using its short name. To discover the short name, open a command line window, navigate to your desktop folder, and type DIR /X. This will show you two names for the zero byte file--the normal one and a "short name" that consists of the first 6 letters of the file name, a tilde (~), and a number. Now use DEL with the short name.

qmr55

I tried that, gives me the same message in the command prompt.

"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

qmr55

delete from the Command Prompt?

Nope gives same error (see above)

Tried deleteFXP and got basically the same error:

"Failed to Delete "sers\Sammy\Desktop\Dynamic Concrete Cutting & C...": 3 (The system cannot find the path specified.) "