• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Find my Font v3.1 released

FindMyFont

Hello to all type enthusiasts,

Find My Font font identification software has just released version 3.1 .

The main improvement in the new version is the addition of a deformation correction tool. With this new tool you may correct all kinds of image deformations in one step. The tool is pretty simple and will save you a lot of time especially when selecting a letter to identify is difficult.
The one step process involves dragging a few control points around the deformed area. A preview area helps you verify the result before performing the correction. Since a photo is worth a thousand words here's one that will help you understand what I mean:
deformation-steps.png
As you can see, letter selection will be much easier (and correct) in the fixed image.

Besides deformations the same tool can also be used for:
  • Image enlargement
  • Image mirroring
  • Contrast correction
  • Image expansion

Other improvements of this new version include:
  • Network Parameters: The program now allows the user to indicate if he's using a proxy to connect to the internet and the parameters for the connection.
  • Improved Baseline Rotation tool: The tool now shows vertical lines to make the 'horizontalize' operation much easier.
  • Tool tips: The new tool tip area provides useful information about the selected tool. The user may also adjust the tool's parameters in this area.
More details can be found here.

As always the updates are free so I urge anyone using a previous version to update and enjoy the new features. Select the Check for Updates command from the Help menu

I would also like to remind you that:
Users of the Basic edition should update to get online matching too.
An affiliate program is available for those who want to share the news (and make a buck or two).

I want to thank everyone in this forum that has helped make Find my Font an indispensable tool for font identification. Your comments and suggestions is what motivates us to improve our product.

:thankyou:

Harris

GB2

Old Member
Let me just tell you first, there isn't a person in this business that shouldn't own this software. It is one of the best values and most essential tools you will own.

Now, let me tell you about a little thing I found earlier today. When I tried upgrading my program I was getting an error message and had to abort the install. Well, I tried it about 10 times when I finally realized that you can't have the program running when you are upgrading. As soon as I closed it, the upgrade instantly went through without any further issue. I can't wait to use the new features!

Border

Let me just tell you first, there isn't a person in this business that shouldn't own this software. It is one of the best values and most essential tools you will own.

So true. Dollar for dollar, some of the best money I ever spent for something to speed up the font ID process!

Have been very impressed with this software!

Colin

All of a sudden I’m getting a “Connection Error!” message when I attempt an “Online Search” with the FMF software.

Anybody else?

FindMyFont

Hello to everyone,

Thank you for your nice words and I would like to wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Yes there is a problem with our server. It's beyond our control so we created a new version to overcome it. You can read more about it here. It provides links to the new downloads.

Within the next 2 hours the version check mechanism of the software will report the new version (3.1.01).

Sorry about the inconvenience.

FindMyFont

The issue with the server has been resolved and everything works as before.
Update is not necessary but it is suggested.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Went ahead and bought this yesterday afternoon after a message with Harris. Excellent customer service! Gave it a try today and have to admit I'm impressed. This will def save time.