• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finding Cheap Billboard Locations

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I contacted Lamar, CBS, and ClearChannel to get rates for their static and digital billboards for one of our customers.

How can I find more locations that are independently owned and operated and may have a lower rate? Is there a website which lists a lot or all of these independent or smaller network billboard owners?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems they're all hurting right now. I would imagine with a little strong-armed finesse.... you could get some really good prices out of these guys. :wink:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I agree but I was hoping someone knew about a specific website that has a list.

One of our local billboard networks, they have about a dozen, has really good rates. I'll definitely work over the national guys though.

Is there a good grand format printer that would be below the 1.50-2sq rate these guys are quoting for the print?

daveb

General Know-it-all
Have you tried online yellow pages? Not many independents left, the big boys have bought them all out, plus state regulations make it almost impossible for the little guys. You almost have to have a team of lawyers:banghead:, that's the way it is around here anyway.

S

scarface

I priced a billboard locally and they wanted like $800 up front to cover printing, install and removal once the term was up.

I'd like to get one but i just can't see paying the $500-1000 a month for it.