• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finding right cast vinyl

harpreet27

Hi can anyone can guide me which vinyl should be good on corrugated trailer for cut vinyl ..i was planning to do with Hp 750 but i dont think so it gonna work ..
So please guide me with cast vinyl if anyone can..
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 0668322A-EE9A-4311-98B3-C86266EB5F80.jpeg
    0668322A-EE9A-4311-98B3-C86266EB5F80.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 188

BetaCtz

If it were just rivets you'd be ok with a Avery 950 cast or equivalent. Poke holes and heat on rivets. It still sucks to install this film, but I've seen it as a more common material on truck installs. Even if it's full wrap, for whatever reason egress isn't always used (likely a cost thing).

Since you also have those horizontal bars, it makes for an area you likely won't get perfect flat install and may end up with some air voids along those channels. Aka. premature failure.

I'd go with something with egress for this one. 3M 2080, Avery SW.

Money spent on material will be saved on your install time and stress.

ikarasu

I don't get why people struggle with non air egress for something like this.

Can it be done, sure - but your time wasted doing it will negate any savings on material.

We do a lot of striping for our municipality - 3 colors, 1 Reflective 2 non - They specced permanent, non air egress for the 2 colors because its what another sign shop used - We brought in 5 rolls of each color because we had hundreds of vehicles to do. We ended up using 1 roll, finding out they had an air egress version... Which was removable and saved the company tons of money when they retire the vehicle, So we bought a roll and our install time was almost halved. We still have 4 rolls of each color from 3 years ago... We only use it if we have supply issues, or for smaller items like numbers. I'd rather throw them away then try to do a corrugated trailer with them, that was a pain!

Look for 2080, or Avery SW9000 films and use that. It's a bit more expensive, but you'll save yourself a lot of effort and cussing trying to install non bubble free.

And don't get me wrong - it's still good to learn how to install non bubble free, because its not always available.... it's a good skill to have. But if you spend 20% more on a roll of vinyl, and it frees up you / your installer to do 1 extra vehicle throughout that whole roll of vinyl, you've made your money back.