• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FineCut 8 cannot find installed CorelDraw

KBROOKE

Hi there!

I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this issue?

I’m running on windows 10 - have CorelDraw x6 - and Rasterlink pro 5 SG -

when I try and install finecut I get an error message [cannot find installed CorelDRAW]

I downloaded the updates and still the same error message.

I did the good ol’ uninstall everything and reinstall everything and still the same error message.

Anyone know how to get passed this?

anyhelp would be much appreciated!!

WildWestDesigns

I think the oldest supported DRAW for Win 10 is X7 with the latest updated. That's officially supported.

May be ways to get X6 installed still, this is just going by officially supported (although bare in mind any new update from Win 10 can cause problems with the legacy program).

KBROOKE

I think the oldest supported DRAW for Win 10 is X7 with the latest updated. That's officially supported.

May be ways to get X6 installed still, this is just going by officially supported (although bare in mind any new update from Win 10 can cause problems with the legacy program).

Hey thanks for answering!!!

You think if I upgrade my CorelDraw to version x7 or newer it will fix the issue?

WildWestDesigns

I would look at the specs for that version of Rasterlink to see what the minimum it is and then match that with what is officially supported for Win 10.

Sure there are ways to get legacy software that isnt supported for an OS, but those can be a pita to maintain. That's just my thinking on it

Westcoast1

Hi there!

I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this issue?

I’m running on windows 10 - have CorelDraw x6 - and Rasterlink pro 5 SG -

when I try and install finecut I get an error message [cannot find installed CorelDRAW]

I downloaded the updates and still the same error message.

I did the good ol’ uninstall everything and reinstall everything and still the same error message.

Anyone know how to get passed this?

anyhelp would be much appreciated!!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
If you are still having issues let me know, as this is a Macro issue, so a easy fix

I'd appreciate knowing, thanks. Our Win10 PC would not accept X5, so I put Corel 2019 on it. No problems. Then I installed the Mimaki finecut USB #1 & #2 exe files, and tried the CG SRii driver - no go.
I ran the most recent version of Finecut, and it would have installed, but gave me the same "cannot find installed Corel Draw" message also. I assume that's because it is expecting to find nit in a certain file location and it was preinstalled elsewhere?

(I'm hating win 10 and would prefer it if this was Win 7 again... but too much water has gone under that bridge...)

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Update, for the record:
I downloaded the Finecut 9.3 update, ran it, and it found Corel 2019, installed the FC tools in it, but then it wants the serial number.
(Serials are a new feature for Finecut 9.)
The offline serial generator works if you have an old Finecut cd, BUT... when I ran it, it wanted Dot Net 2.5 and 3.0 installed, before it would generate an unlock serial number.
Our Win10 has dot net 4.6, so refused to install 3.5 which is the one that has both previous versions.
I tried several Dot Net updates, (offline) and every one failed to install - I presume because a higher version is already on that PC ?
I retried Corel, and upon opening Corel the opening Finecut, it asks for the serial number - or else you're limited to a 60 day trial.

I'm stumped as to how to get it to work, when it wants dot net 2.5 and 3.0, but the PC refuses to allow them to be installed...

Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
That made ALL the difference!. I'd downloaded an offline installer for the net3.5, and it failed to work.
After following the link there about how to get the net 3.5 installer from the Win10 setup iso, via a batch file, it was so quick it was amazing.
Then I had to find the original broken FC version 7.3 cd, not my saved duplicate copy - and it generated the serial number from that. The logic there defies me...
Anyhow it now runs from Win 10 - thanks!

jimmmi

That made ALL the difference!. I'd downloaded an offline installer for the net3.5, and it failed to work.
After following the link there about how to get the net 3.5 installer from the Win10 setup iso, via a batch file, it was so quick it was amazing.
Then I had to find the original broken FC version 7.3 cd, not my saved duplicate copy - and it generated the serial number from that. The logic there defies me...
Anyhow it now runs from Win 10 - thanks!
What happens if no original cd exists? Ive lost it and cannot install Finecut. Any ideas?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
No idea... how do you lose something as important as that?
The original cd wasn't actually labelled Finecut, but something convoluted and doubled like FCv7_FCu_2 or something like that.
What surprised me was it IS broken on the inner hole, but after a year of sitting not plugged into the CD holder plug, it was able to be read by the DVD reader again - read sufficiently to allow the FC9 serial number generator to work.

Yoiu can always message Mimaki, and see if they'll generate a serial number, or ask them for a price for a new copy of FC...