• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fire Engine SILVER

2B

getting the 24k is not the issue, finding the silver with this swirl is not so easy to find this swirl turn design

Grimco has a large turn design but its edges are too sharp from the image
Fellers didn't have the turn design listed in Silver

Attachments

• DSC01508.jpg
    DSC01508.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 164

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup.... agreed. Cannot say I've seen much "vinyl" gold on fire apparatus. Generally it's real hand gilded and turned. What I see the most in the past years is what we have also done which is a combination of hand gilded and Gerber Edge work. We recently did one, print the outlines, etc on the Edge on clear vinyl, size and gild right on top of that. Laminate and run it through the cutter, apply as you would any other vinyl.

Billct2

Lots of "vinyl gold" on appartus around here.
But looking at that I'd say it's all hand gilded. Notice the swirl patterns follow the centers of the strokes,
can't get that with film. Whoever did has a great spinning technique, very consistant.

2B

Thanks for the input,

Yes the image is hand gilded, was looking for a "simple" cut/stick option as well as budget minded

will look into the Gerber avenue