• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Bum Roll of 3M 180C-V3

grafixemporium

Well, we're about 75% finished with a bass boat wrap today and as I'm printing some panels for the console -- with about 40-50 feet left on the roll of vinyl -- I realize there is a cut running the length of the vinyl about 8 inches from the end. It ran for about 10 feet. Luckily it didnt fall into the panels I was printing. So with about 30-40 feet left on the roll, the cut is still running strong. Should I stop and try to return what's left on the roll in the hopes of getting reimbursed/replaced? We've got enough partial rolls to finish the job. Or should I finish up the 10-12 feet of printing I have left and try to return whatever is remaining?

The vinyl was purchased from Grimco. Does anyone have any experience with defective 3M vinyl from Grimco?

Last edited:

BadAss

Finish the job, and have your rep replace the whole roll. We have had it happen with Oracal before and we finished up the job and they replaced with a new one...

Mader Design

Just as Badass said, go ahead and finish then replace. I had 3M do that with me as well. We ran into a problem with a cut in the roll. it some how was sliced at the top of the roll so ever 5-6" around had a slice in it make about inches useless. It was a good thing i didn't need that wide to do the window perfs.

grafixemporium

We had already printed two 25 foot panels for the sides of the boat. Thank goodness we got through those before the cut started. I probably would have had a coronary if we couldn't finish the boat today.