• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Time Channel Letters Job

nolanola

We have a client who would like us to produce and install channel letters above her storefront in a strip mall.
We are a new business and so far have mostly been producing smaller signs in house as well as vinyl decals & banners. We have a plotter cutter and for other jobs we work with a local company that has cnc router, digital printer. We do all design in house.

For channel letters, is it best to produce locally or to source nationally? Who are the best vendors? What do we need to do it ourselves?

12 letters, 14' long, 4' high, in the same style as the photo. (Letters have to be raised from the surface of the wall and cannot be attached directly, also letters are lighted.)
Also, what is standard pricing for this type of job, including installation (approx. 15' off the ground)?

attachment.php

Thank you.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 195

Imakesigns

First thing, do you have sufficient insurance to cover your staff that high up on a ladder? are you certified to install electrical signage? I would pass on the job if you don't have the proper credentials.

visual800

We get our signs from sign builders in bham. We design and they build it. We pick it up and hire a guy to install with me usually helping, well since I sold my bucket sign builders would ship to you im sure. Then call a reputable sign shop to install it and tack your money on

Billct2

This is not the type of project you can "learn on the job". Even if you could figure out how to order the proper sign from a wholesaler you probably
don't have the skills or license for the install (much less the electric part). Best to find a local electric sign company that does trade work and sub it to them.

Solid advice given. Find a wholesale manufacturer of channels in your area and order them on a raceway. Partner with an insured installer to put them up. Chances are that the strip mall and or town will require them ul listed and permitted.

nolanola

Thank you for the replies.
We will design it and have somebody built it.
What wholesale sign company would you recommend?

What is the correct way to cut the cost of the project?
design+management- 30% (my part)
installation- 20% (certified installer)
production- 50% (wholesale sign company)
?

Thank you.