• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First trailer wrap!!

Rev Designs

Here are some pictures of our first trailer wrap that we've done.

Attachments

• DSC_1148_resize.jpg
    DSC_1148_resize.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_1150_resize.jpg
    DSC_1150_resize.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_1153_resize.jpg
    DSC_1153_resize.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_1155_resize.jpg
    DSC_1155_resize.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_1157_resize.jpg
    DSC_1157_resize.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 91

phototec

Great job, good design, balanced and the layout fits all obstacles very good!

A+

How did you handle the rivet's?

:U Rock: :rock-n-roll: :thumb: :notworthy:

Rev Designs

The rivets actually went really well.. used heat and a cheap 4" paint roller with a foam roller on it.. we pushed most of the air out during application, came back and heated and rolled over with the roller, then finished off with a quick run around the edge with a squeegee.

Rev Designs

Thank you all! I love the matte finish.. i used a luster laminate and it really gave it a unique and bada$$ finish IMO! The client was very pleased with it and has had a lot of compliments! I also forgot to mention that all of the sponsor decals are applied over the wrap so that the client has the option of changing them when sponsors change.

skyhigh

Definately a nice job. I like the layout also.

Question....
How do you guys handle the "door areas", with the larger chrome trim around? Do you work the vinyl into those area from one large piece (then trim), or do you print smaller pieces and match it up? I've never applied over anything other than rivets and some rather easy body contours. just curious...sorry to be a thread pirate.

matte always get my **** hard !!

Wow garbus....
At the very least, it would take a provocative picture of a woman printed on the matt vinyl, while standing in a "stiff" breeze for me. :rolleyes:
If I stretch my imagination, I could understand if you were really into the motorcycle picture on the side.....but MATT VINYL??? You really do LOVE this business don't ya?

:omg2:

HulkSmash

Question....
How do you guys handle the "door areas", with the larger chrome trim around? Do you work the vinyl into those area from one large piece (then trim), or do you print smaller pieces and match it up? I've never applied over anything other than rivets and some rather easy body contours. just curious...sorry to be a thread pirate.

:omg2:

That's exactly how it's done. Gotta do it in one piece and then trim.