• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fit Text/Shape to Path

Dennis Schaub

I've been using Gerber Omega for many years, but just recently started using the "fit text/shape to path" function more often. It seems very unpredictable in both kerning and centering, am I missing something? I end up moving it left and right a couple of times to get it centered and often have to move individual letters to get the kerning right. Surely this is easier than I am making it?

Thanks!

JulieS

I've used it for years also, including fit text to path. It's a nice feature, but I've never figured out how to make it less "clunky." Seems like earlier versions were a little better with kerning and centering. There IS a centering button... if you make adjustments to kerning first and then hit the center button, that seems to work fine. If you center and THEN make adjustments, it loses its center.

Jburns

for kerning, I do it before fitting to a path. Example type out your text - then use the T--T button to stretch it out - then fit to path. you may have to try a few times to get it right