• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flash is nearly dead

Joe Diaz

Funny!
What's more funny is if a website has flash- they loose my business and I go to the next site in line. Call it racial flashism. Call it whatever you want. Flash is lame.

Good for you. Although I bet only a handful of people share your die hard enthusiasm for boycotting sites with flash. It's a numbers game. If a site has html5, which you seem to support, only 40% of browsers being used will be able to display that content properly. In other words, that's about 1.2 billion potential visitors that won't be able to properly load all of the content on your site. If you say you are in the SEO business that number should be an eye opener. HTML5 is not ready yet. It's being prematurely pushed. I'll jump on board the HTML5 train, and start implementing it into website when it comes close to reaching the support that flash currently has. For the time being I'll learn what I can about it so I'm ready to start using it when it makes sense to start using it.

Flash is weak in the mobile browser department, I won't debate that... but mobile browsers only make up 1% of browser traffic. And really if you want any type of mobile presence that's worth a damn, your website should really be formatted to look and work well on mobile devices. Most websites developed for desktop browsing make for terrible mobile sites.