• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Cutting 4mm Colorplast - Rough Edges ?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Hey Guys,

First Post here, We bought a Flatbed cutter to help increase our capacity with our Uv Printer.
We are struggling with cutting complex shapes with Colorplast.
We tried using the EOT tool with thin blades & thick blades. Each run we get slightly rough edges on turns by the flutes.
So far we tried the router option and EOT, The best result was the EOT but I feel we can get cleaner cuts.
Any tips or tricks, We are looking to print and cut letters & business signs.
Straight cuts are fine and go really fast.

Flatbed CWT Apex Plus

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We fight this too. Try a blade with a shallower angle. Something that almost cuts with more downward force.

Flatbed Tools

Merchant Member
Hey Guys,

First Post here, We bought a Flatbed cutter to help increase our capacity with our Uv Printer.
We tried using the EOT tool with thin blades & thick blades. Each run we get slightly rough edges on turns by the flutes.
So far we tried the router option and EOT, The best result was the EOT but I feel we can get cleaner cuts.

Flatbed CWT Apex Plus
Who is the manufacturer and thickness of the coroplast?

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Hey Guys,

Flatbed CWT Apex Plus
Hello.
Leon can get in contact with you guys tomorrow morning.
As a general rule we try to use the shortest tool for each job to minimize deflection with blades and or vibration when in router cutting projects.
There are a variety of factors with materials as well which include:
- where the die line falls in relation to the materials flute orientation
- type of blade/tool used and geometry
- the level of ink saturation of certain colors at the cutting edge
- Affects/amount of UV curing depending on the setup
- material type, brand and how long it has been sitting around in certain environments
You will find many types of materials have certain ways they like to be cut for the best edge quality.

We will provide details in the morning and make some suggestions.
You might find that regular drag knife cutting is the better choice in certain applications with the proper up angle settings.

GC Decor

Super Printer
Thanks for all the reply,

We are gonna order some more blades and do some more test.
We tried testing with the router and it ended up with way too much edge edge cleanup.

Thanks for the Reply Raum, ill make sure to reach out with a blade order so we can test some new options. I think its gonna be alot of testing but I know its possible.

The manufacturer is IntePro, it works great for square signs, no problems there. Just some of intricate stuff like letters have been giving us some issue.