• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flaxseed ???

DOGraphics

It seems as though I saw a member here mention selling flaxseed,

If so I'm wondering about getting more information. Nutritional values and such. This is a suggested ingredient for getting Omega 3 (Whatever that is and whatever it's purpose is).

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

cptcorn

adad
The only advice I can give you is get them in a ground up form... They go right through you in seed form... Most people don't realize this...

Jillbeans

The only thing I know about it was from recently reading my grandma's Depression-era diaries.
I guess in the winter she constantly doses her kids with it (all 17) she talks about the flaxseed pot boiling on the stove. She also put mustard plasters on them too, when they had colds.
I just got a jar of Omega 3 fish oil capsules, someone told me to take them to improve memory.
But I keep forgetting to try them.
Love....Jill

hydo1

I believe it was SARGE who was selling flaxseed. I think he is creepy so just do a search online and buy some from a reputable re-seller.

To combat high cholesterol I have been buying flaxseed for use in smoothies. I was buying it pre-ground but discovered it was spoiling really fast. So now I buy it whole and grind it myself in a small coffee grinder.

I also take fish oil capsules I buy at Costco for extra OMEGA 3's as per my doctors request.