• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flex Face Retro fit tips

rydods

Member for quite some time.
We have a customer who is looking to re-face this existing frame. It's about 230" tall x 144" wide odd shape. This was a "Big Boy" restaurant sign back in the day with polycarbonate faces. Checked pricing and availability for flex face tracking, trim and tension clips and wouldn't receive anything until almost December. Anyone have any good tips or tricks for applying a flex face to this sign? I really don't want to go back to polycarbonate for this sign. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220610_144659 (2).jpg
    20220610_144659 (2).jpg
    898.2 KB · Views: 181

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Our current sign code has a very small sq ft per side requirement and the sign cannot exceed 10 tall total. Apparently the structure is "grandfathered in" at this size and they want to get the most out of it. Don't think they'll want to cut it off. I told them that they are going to want to double check on the permit because I believe new faces require a permit and you can't put up new faces if they exceed the sq ft. requirements. They also have a giant pot leaf in their logo (legal here now) and I know that our county does not permit the image in signage and so on.