• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flex neon

radan

Hi all !
I am from Czech Republic, Europe. A lot of our customers want flex neon so we made some projects with China made stuff and the results are a nightmare. We have 30% of fading, section burn- outs etc.

Can anybody reccomend a high quality flex neon with at least 5 years of trouble free exterior operation?

Thanks

radan

I mean the LED ropes. I know glass neon is tested by a century but the customer wants to save money for electricity and switch all his signs to LEDs.

There lays your problem.

Tell customer you will save a little bit of money in rope LED electricity, but you won't be saving in constant replacement.

LED good for some things, Neon good for some things

nodrenim

Neon, properly bent, pumped and installed with low voltage transformers will outlast, outperform LED's, for less money. Nuff said!

radan

Thanks, I have the same feeling, just needed to hear this from others from the sign bussines.

By the way Nondrenim, what is a low voltage transformer?

nodrenim

Low voltage transformers operate on 12 volts, dc current. This is obtained with a converter, that converts 110 volts down to 12 volts, dc. They have been available for several years and commonly used in neon sculptures, neon clocks and other related neon art objects. Available from your neon supplier or from West Coast custom Designs, wccdUSA.com. Good Luck. Ask anytime.