• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 (no key needed?)

Just bought Flexi 8 Loaded it in my PC and apparently I don't need my software key. Does that make sence to anyone else? I've already cut with it and my key is still on my desk.

MrKoob

It does not make sense unless it's a cracked version. Who did you buy it from, and are you sure it's the full version?

I put the disc in put in the serial number and it loaded, I got the program from sign warehouse, Strange thing is I loaded it into my second PC and that one needs the key, but this one doesn't, and yes Its the full version

WVB

Even if it is a bootleg version of Flexi which I doubt SW would be selling, you still have to do much more then just install the disc and type in serial number... There are several steps to making it work without dongle including replacing files and over writing certain .exe files...

Techman

i hread taht flex 8 uses just a key number tied to that computer,, and no more dongle,, is that true?

GARY CULY

well on my LEGAL flexi8.if i dont plug in the key it pops up a screen NO APPLICATION KEY FOUND...and wont open ......gotta be a bootleg ..there out there .people just dont want others to know ....

MobileImpact

if you had an old version or key on the computer, i believe it will open and let you run for a period of time before you have to upgrade an old key.

Kevin

Ron Helliar

Wouldn't surprise me that an RF tag got embedded into your dongle secretly auto activating the mike on your cell to record your activities and alert the authorities that your suspicious use of signmaking software will ultimately have the profits funneled to terrorist organizations.....:beer

jgolo

I loaded Flexi 8 on a new laptop of mine and if opened several times without a key.

Then it just stopped and now the key is needed every time.

Weird, it was kind of nice not having to carry the key around.

MrKoob

I think there is also an option to run a Trial Version at the beginning, which could acount for the "Dongleless" operation, but it would be temporary. I seriously doubt SW would be selling bootlegged copies. Scanvec and them have pretty close ties. Someone needs to doublecheck me on the Trial Option.

stickerguynyc

i used flexisign 8 before and the cd come with a demo too. you could work and do everything in the demo but doesn't let you cut anything..

cartoad

We have a version of Flexi 8 on the front counter computer that would open sometimes without the key. Discovered when I had taken the key to another computer to work and my wife opened up Flexi up front. Never consistent, but would open on occassion, something strange in the program, not reliable to be able to count on it to operate w/o the key.
Hal

DRPSignsNGrafix

The way the key is, it looks for it every so many seconds or mins or somthing. It might not look for the key for a while at some point then all of a sudden look for it, not see and shut you done. Mine's done that.

Matthew Scher

Flexi 8 will run anywhere on the network with no key, as long as the key is plugged into one of the network stations.

In Flexi 6 and 7, network keys were supported, but you had to run PM on the network. With Flexi 8 we modified it so that they key can be anywhere on the network and both PM and Flexi can run on remote stations.