• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 (no key needed?)

Bradster941

Flexi 8 will run anywhere on the network with no key, as long as the key is plugged into one of the network stations.

In Flexi 6 and 7, network keys were supported, but you had to run PM on the network. With Flexi 8 we modified it so that they key can be anywhere on the network and both PM and Flexi can run on remote stations.

I would like to know how to do this?

I have the Dongle on the server, but my work station doesn't see it. How do I set this up?

Thanks,

Brad.

N2Harpz

Wouldn't surprise me that an RF tag got embedded into your dongle secretly auto activating the mike on your cell to record your activities and alert the authorities that your suspicious use of signmaking software will ultimately have the profits funneled to terrorist organizations.....:beer

That does it. I'm getting rid of my cell phone......LOL

Matthew Scher

If you have Flexi 8.x, then all the is required is that the SHK driver is installed on the computer with the key, and on the computer you will run Flexi (or PM) on.

The easiest way to do this is to run the Flexi installer on all stations, then choose the option to install the SHK key driver (that can be installed without needing to install Flexi).

If you have 6.x or 7.x, then you need to install a full Flexi on both stations, then run either PM or Flexi on the station with the key. Now you can run the other product (PM or Flexi) on the second station.

S

Sign-Man Signs

If you have Flexi 8.x, then all the is required is that the SHK driver is installed on the computer with the key, and on the computer you will run Flexi (or PM) on.

The easiest way to do this is to run the Flexi installer on all stations, then choose the option to install the SHK key driver (that can be installed without needing to install Flexi).

If you have 6.x or 7.x, then you need to install a full Flexi on both stations, then run either PM or Flexi on the station with the key. Now you can run the other product (PM or Flexi) on the second station.

O.K. Matthew, now in simple terms for us complete idiots that don't know what you are talking about.
Flexi Installer, wheres that?
What is SHK driver?
PM?
We've tried using Flexi with the dongle key installed/plugged on main computer but get nothing other than "this program requies warning".

mark in tx

Matthew,
are you saying that 1 copy of Flexi 8 can be installed on 2 computers, 1 computer has the dongle, and both will run full Flexi 8 at the same time if they are netowrked?

Matthew Scher

That is correct. Run Flexi on one station then PM can run on the other. You cannot run two copies of Flexi or PM with 1 key, but you can run one Flexi and one PM, anywhere on the network that contains the key.

high impact

Maybe with an armed scanvec security guard standing over your shoulder ready to shoot if there looks to be any unethical activity...

jke

jayhawksigns

I was just checking into upgrading today and its what our dealer told me, just didn't know in anyone else had heard anything yet.

Matthew Scher

Flexi 8.5 (and PhotoPRINT 6.0) will ship with a "softkey". It users your computer as a key, very simular to how CS2 and CS3 do it.

You can install it on many computers, but only one can be active at a time. You need to click on the help menu to "transfer the activation" so you can run it on another PC.

This system does require you have a network connection at least once every 4 weeks.

ChristianSlager

Softkey...

Matthew,
I'm a beta tester for you, and was wondering if 8.5 will be able have the ability like 8.0 does to have one computer as the design computer and another to run pm... all from one key, as currently we have the design station in one room, and the pm hooked up to the machinery in another room... as this is currently not doable in the beta.... it would be really really bad if that ability is lost.

Matthew Scher

Hi Christian,
Network PM is still supported, but for now it requires you use the hardkey option. Soon, we expect to have an updated version of softkey that supports networking.