• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 or Onyx

Zippy

just looking for some input on these two ..

if anyone has any input on which one you think is better. i am looking to get new software with a rip for my new wide format printer and software is the next big step

just looking for some opinions

thanks

Zippy

D

DARLAK

thats apples and oranges....

if you just need a RIP, then get onyx, if you want to do more get flexi

MobileImpact

depends on the printer and what you are looking to do with it. If your doing any print to cuts etc, I would go with flexi. Much easier to use. (It can be done in onyx but involves using Illustrator. If your ripping much larger files or don't have a need for print to cut, go with onyx.

Bottom line, both will do what you want to do. Onyx is a rip only program, while flexi lets you rip and output, and is also a damn good vector program for cutting vinyl and doing layouts etc.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Zippy

thanks guys your input is great.. were a sign shop that just got a printer.. and before all we ever used was gerber omega 1.0 and a 15 inch plotter

and now we got a 63 inch printer and plotter

people tell us that onyx is the way to go... but i think flexi would be better being that its more of a design program and im the only one that knows a lil bit about illustrator

thanks a lot everyone

gROUND cHUCK

I've never used Onyx, but I've used a lot of vector software and have to always recommend Flexi as the #1 for production.