• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and lots of PDF pages to import

RG

A customer emailed me a file to print, laminate and cut. The file has 165 8.5"X11" pages with the cut lines around each page. Each page has a different identifying number in it. Looks to me like Flexi v21 can only import files 2 way: one at a time or all of them at once, side by side, in one long row. My question is: is there any PDF manipulating software that can combine, for example, 36 pages into one page with 4 pages in a row and 9 columns and and space then .25" apart? I realize that that's a big ask. I've done this before in Flexi, one page at a time, and that's a time consuming PITA. Just hoping that there is some software out there that can save me a lot of time getting these pages ready to print and cut.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I would do it like rjssigns mentioned. The individual pages stay grouped so you can move them around without losing bits and pieces. I usually grab the number and want and make rows using the "spacing" tool. I've only ever played around with the distribute once or twice.

• Agree
Reactions: RG

RG

Thanks for your help, rjssigns and Scotchbrite. That "spacing" tool and "distribute" tool won't do everything I'd like for them to do, but they will save some time positioning the pages. I appreciate your help.

Dale D

What if you, Open up the file in Adobe and save off 5-6 pages at a time renaming them. Would that help.

I would do it like rjssigns mentioned. The individual pages stay grouped so you can move them around without losing bits and pieces. I usually grab the number and want and make rows using the "spacing" tool. I've only ever played around with the distribute once or twice.
I used a program called PDFsam (free version) to separate the pages into individual pages and dropped them into my RIP (mine is Roland Versaworks.) Nesting in RIP did the arranging. Hope that helps.

RG

Thanks Dale and MorePerfectSign for your suggestions. I think I have found a solution that works the way I want it to. I can open page 1 - 36 in Adobe AI, click on Artboard and select 4 pages per row. And, BAM they are grouped in 4 rows and 9 columns and spaced like I want them to be. I give the group a name and export the file as an EPS. I open it in Flexi and all 36 pages are ready to print. Hope this solution can help someone else.