• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi automatic cut

willkho

Hi all,

Got an Hp 335 + Summa S1 + flexi.
I remembered that I can do automatic cutting.
Flexi will move to the next job, read barcode and start cutting.

However, I don't know what I did.
Now, it move to next job, read barcode and wait for me to resend the cut file so it can start cutting.
i have to resend the cut file every new barcode.

Any clue?
Many thanks.

willkho

Hi, thanks for the reply.
The Barcode server is on. It read the barcode well just not progress automatically. Flexi hold the job until I drag the job to the output

Snydo

Try using just the summa barcode server, or just the flexi barcode server but not both at the same time.

willkho

I've never tried to run the summa barcode server. Only used flexi.
Just turned on summa barcode server yesterday for trial.
Could it be a setting in flexi itself?

klikn

1. You don't have Flexi barcode server running.
or
2. You have to change OPOS origin on summa to OPOS barcode. Now you probably have it set on force OPOS XY.

willkho

hi again all,
Try to bump this old post.
The problem is not yet solved.
Definitely flexi barcode server is on (there is a message at the bottom saying barcode server is on).
Same old problem. Load the opos, machine read well but doesn't start automatically. I need to drag the file from hold list to output.
Once done, the machine will read the next opos barcode then hold again, need to drag the file again.

I've tried the sendmode, etc.

Some said it could be the cutter emulation languages, I've tried a few from DMPL to HPGL to but makes no different.

Please refer to the attachment for the setting I used.
Thanks.

Attachments

• barcodeserver01.jpg
    barcodeserver01.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 165
  • barcodeserver02.jpg
    barcodeserver02.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 146
  • sendmode.jpg
    sendmode.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 143
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 156

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You are not running cutter control on the background? That can "reserve" the cutter connection and not allow the barcode to work.
Have you tried connecting the cutter with ethernet?

willkho

Summa cutter control is not running.
Even if I run it, it will be taken over/overide by Flexi.
My summa is a bit older one, it runs on usb.

gabagoo

Can you guys explain this barcode system for cutting? I run a Mimaki with Flexi 19 and have an older Summa cutter...Will it work for this setup or is it only for certain printers?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Can you guys explain this barcode system for cutting? I run a Mimaki with Flexi 19 and have an older Summa cutter...Will it work for this setup or is it only for certain printers?
It will work with any printer. Just make sure your summa is new enough to support it.
You will have to change your opos marks to opos barcode. Then make sure your flexi is running the barcode server.
Might have to activate the barcode on the Summa, need to register that in summas website if so.
Then you just print a job and tell the cutter to read the barcode. It should fetch the job from flexi and start cutting.