• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Crash Conspiracy?

sigsignman

I have (5) versions of FlexiSign Pro 10.0.2 that in the past week have just crashed - everyday, same time, every computer, 2:29pm. The program just shuts down...nothing else on the computer is effected. Is this a virus that Flexi has slipped in in order to sell me a Higher version? I've had this software for the past 20 years - starting with Casemate....I little interesting, everyday, 2:29 - set your watch by it...only that program crashes. Flexi of course...is not supporting this version...but nothing that another few more thousand bucks a year apparently can't fix. Anyone else?:banghead:

I think flexi got together with VW to do some programming. I don't think anyone is out to get your. If anything maybe it's a system back up or some other program pulling for information and causing flexi to crash. Something connected to all the computers. Check the task viewer and see what is scheduled for that time.

sigsignman

Thanks for your input...I have had our IT company working on it for a week. They have put calls in to Flexi and because of the version, Flexi will only communicate via email. I find it odd that it "just started happening" and it shuts all Flexi programs down at the same time - exact time every day. I was thinking perhaps the server was trying to back it up at the wrong time of the day but that has been ruled out. I even disconnected from the server and the program still shut down which makes me think there is something embedded within the program to make all 5 workstations simultaneously close.

gabagoo

I keep the computer that does my printing off the net...no virus programs...nothing....No crashes or anything strange happening like I used to get when it had access to the internet.

mrugen

What was the answer

Thanks for your input...I have had our IT company working on it for a week. They have put calls in to Flexi and because of the version, Flexi will only communicate via email. I find it odd that it "just started happening" and it shuts all Flexi programs down at the same time - exact time every day. I was thinking perhaps the server was trying to back it up at the wrong time of the day but that has been ruled out. I even disconnected from the server and the program still shut down which makes me think there is something embedded within the program to make all 5 workstations simultaneously close.

sigsignman: I cannot wait to find out what is happening. Rediculous that they would infect your version of the software or THOUSANDS of others would be having the exact same issue. I think IT will eventually find the answer. 2:29 is so close to 2:30 it sounds like some sort of program like a virus or malware detection software is kicking in and shutting it down. What is YOUR IT not saying..did they install something recently that is causing this? Don't be so quick to blame, look for answers within.

It's worked till now, so something changed on your systems. Windows update, virus detection update, firewall change? Sounds like something starts at that time and since its on ALL your systems, it sounds like something on your end.

Just FYI: Not trying to sound like Im taking Flexi side, but I deal with them daily and they would not do such a thing to you. I know its frustrating, but track it down bro

FrankW

If you use Flexi 10.0.2 and complain about bugs, I would suggest to keep your Flexi at minimum up to date with the free Flexi 10-Upgrades ... the last one is 10.5.1, after 10.0.3, 10.0.4 and 10.5. Refer to www.flexisign10.com for the updates.

Never heard about this issue ... and I do Flexi-Support for nearly 20 years now. you can be shure that something external (backup, virus scan or something like that) will be the cause of your problems.

SignProPlus-Chip

The only issue i seem to have with flexi crashing is when installing fonts through Nexus Font. The programs don't like each other.

Also, every once and a while it seems Flexi has not communicated to re-license and it just shuts down, no opportunity to save files or anything. It tells me the license was out of date, then i run the license manager and it tells me Flexi was already up to date. Go figure.

I'm more concerned about Flexi pushing forward with more useful updates. Can we get proper color display in the future? My monitors are calibrated to match the printer, everything in my Adobe suite looks great on screen, but Flexi displays color terribly.

FrankW

I'm more concerned about Flexi pushing forward with more useful updates. Can we get proper color display in the future? My monitors are calibrated to match the printer, everything in my Adobe suite looks great on screen, but Flexi displays color terribly.

If using FlexiSIGN-PRO (up to 11, since 12 named "FlexiSIGN & PRINT"), you can use the Softproof-Feature in the "View"-Menu. Be shure that the color settings are correctly set to the printer and profile you want to simulate.