• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi cutting order

gabagoo

I have the software set to basically sequence the plot as objects come in on the x axis. I am running a large amount of frost which has a box around each section and it runs all the boxes first then goes way back to cut the graphics... I have experienced this before but don't know why it won't cut these items as they enter the plotter...any ideas?

spooledUP7

1. You can enable "Optimize Cuto Order" from the cut and plot.
2. You can use two colors, one for the inner and one for the outer and with "Send all colors" enabled you can adjust the cutting order in the "Driver options" window by clicking the curved up/down arrows adjacent to each color. You can even adjust the cutting criteria for each color by clicking the edit button for each selected color. Just be sure to disable "Use same driver options for all colors"
3. You can use multiple CutContour colors and send them through Rip and Print following the same steps from #2 above. Contour Cuts always cut inside first.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Switch the sequence of the cuts.
IF your graphics have a Blue cut line and your box around the graphics have a Red cut line, toggle the sequence to cut the Blue first.

gabagoo

I finally figured out what was happening and never really noticed this before. I bring the file in from signlab and ungroup everything, then I turn everything into a contour cut. As far as I knew that would make everything a cut with no color, but I saw in the production manager that it showed 2 colors. I never would think that something that was changed from a colour print to strictly a cut graphic would have a color associated to it at that point, but Flexi does. I now just marquee everything being sent out to cut and select any colour and now it sees everything as 1 color and cuts optimally.