• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi/Illustrator Issues

Spud

I'm sure everyone runs into the ole' color issues.. but i've always matched them when I imported a eps from illy to flexi.. so it wasn't a huge issue.

Now I have chesapeake's new logo and it has two gradients and when I import it to flexi the color changes lighter just like every other file from illy.

UGH! Any solution to not lose any color when exporting/importing?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The most reliable solution I have found is to run the vector image up to a suitable size, save it, and then open it in Photoshop for rasterization. I have tried this from Illustrator and the results are not as reliable as Photoshop.

The thinking here is to convert it from what is a problem to reliably import and print into something that is more fixed and dependable.

iSign

I almost always export as an RGB .tif right out if Illustrator, at full size, & I set the resolution that I want while exporting & I usually never even look at it in Photoshop unless I have other work to do with it over there.

Spud

Yeah that's what I did.. basically convert it to a high-res jpeg or the like so it works for the signs your doing.

But it seems such of a temporary solution - I just kinda figured there's to many minds out there not to figure out a matching profile or something of the sort ya know!

Spud

Thanks Guys, maybe with a little research I kind find someone or thing that has a little program.. you know those kids and their little programs! There's always something.

But what's weird is I've heard numerous times that the adobe programs/colors are the best out. So would this problem be a flexi or adobe issue? It just seems adobe doesn't play nice with anything.

Is this a issue with Corel exporting to flexi? (The color loss)