• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi issues

Jer Barlow

Here's a question for the Flexi experts: I got a Flexi 13 gift with my new Graphtec CE6000. Cool, right? OK, but it has a couple of irritating issues I expect were done to make you buy the full version.
1. The cursor is locked on touch rather than enclose setting. Would really like to change that. Can't from the main menu.
2. When you exit a new file it sets the file to 'read-only'. Can't find a way to un-set this and it means I have to rename the file (add a number) each time I change the file. I have many files for existing customers and have to add a number to find the current file.
Everything else works great and uses old (Flexi 8.65) file well. Any thoughts??

Rodan68

Here's a question for the Flexi experts: I got a Flexi 13 gift with my new Graphtec CE6000. Cool, right? OK, but it has a couple of irritating issues I expect were done to make you buy the full version.
1. The cursor is locked on touch rather than enclose setting. Would really like to change that. Can't from the main menu.
2. When you exit a new file it sets the file to 'read-only'. Can't find a way to un-set this and it means I have to rename the file (add a number) each time I change the file. I have many files for existing customers and have to add a number to find the current file.
Everything else works great and uses old (Flexi 8.65) file well. Any thoughts??

In Flexi 19 For 1. Edit-Preferences-Tool Tab- Select Tool - Check By Fully Enclosing.
Not sure on Flexi 13

Jer Barlow

#1 Double Click on Arrow icon to change setting.
#2 I have never experienced
There is no way to double click for this choice, dummy! In preferences, select tool, there is a marked button for each choice and it changes visually with your preference (one click).

Attila Nagy

There is no way to double click for this choice, dummy! In preferences, select tool, there is a marked button for each choice and it changes visually with your preference (one click).

You can double Click on most of the icons on the workspace for they Preference. Wihout going into the Preferences menu. But if your options are disabled in preferences/Tools tab it would be the same here. I am sure with your experience will figure out yourself .

RG

I've never heard of Flexi 13. I thought it went straight from v12 to v19. Did I miss something? Is it possible that you have a demo version? In older versions of Flexi the demo version would not let you save anything and when printing it put lines in the print, but everything else worked as it should.

Jer Barlow

Interesting. Bought the plotter from Denco and this came with it. It has, so far as I can find, no designation but their tech sez it is newer than 12 and I thought I heard him say 13. Still doesn't help me stop the dreaded read-only save. I can't find controls for this anywhere. Thots?

Jer Barlow

Interesting. Bought the plotter from Denco and this came with it. It has, so far as I can find, no designation but their tech sez it is newer than 12 and I thought I heard him say 13. Still doesn't help me stop the dreaded read-only save. I can't find controls for this anywhere. Thots?
I should add: it doesn't have any font group-distort features. I have to go back to 8.65 for this.

netsol

are oem versions (?) or some sort of cobranded version not full featured?

or perhaps it was installed not running as administrator? perhaps a couple dll's didn't get copied as the correct version?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Sounds like a stripped down OEM version to me. Go to "Help" then "About" and see what you are running. Post up a SS or what it says. We dont need to see the "software ID" so you might want to block it out.