• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Manual Contour Cut Issues

thewvsignguy

I'm using Flexi Pro 12 and printing to a EDGE 2 with a Q54 and a CE6000. ARMS works great on both cutters as long as it's White media. For the reason NOT to use ARMS I'm printing on darker color/Chrome vinyl with White foils etc. Lot's of wasted time covering the marks with scotch tape, print negative marks, printing on White and overlaying the ARMS marks over the dark media, just a pain and it rarely works. I've tried using a SW Q54 (FC-8600) and a GRAPHTEC CE600-40 PLus for cutting. I'm trying to do a manual contour cut with the bomb site. So SW told me that the Q54's firmware will not allow it to do read the manual marks, when I do it will not add any force to the pen knife. Messed with every possible setting on the cutter tab and IT WILL NOT apply any pressure, it will go through the motion of cutting the path though???

The EDGE prints the correct 4 point manual marks.

So I bought a CE6000-40 Plus just for the EDGE 2. Got it all set up but getting a "Read Port Error" when sending the manual 4 point contour cut as well. I've tried on the Q54 to set it up as a FC-8600, did not work, Setting the CE 6000 up with a different cutter driver, did not work just the same results. I tend to overthink things, can ANYONE give me some in-site to what I'm missing, and as to why in my mind this should not be that complicated and so frustrating...

Other then going to OMEGA and getting a Gerber plotter, not sure what else to do...

netsol

on the gerber smc 4 (previous to 4b) you simply need to add a D to tell it the move is in the down position
pressure is set witha balance & weights
i still use an smc 4 with the lmk interface for certain simple projects
(my first plotter, it has sentimetal value. produced in 1983, i bought from a bankruptcy auction in kansas city in 1992, i think...