• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Flexi - Measurement Tool - Fractions?

trebor8820

Hello guys,

I suppose this isn't really a big deal, but has anybody found if there's a way for the measurement tool within Flexi (I'm using Flexi 12) to display its results in fraction form instead of decimal? I can't think of any reason why it would be deemed relevant to show something as 27.375 inches when it could just display 12 3/8 inches.

Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Nope. It's in decimal only. That's typical of any design or CAD software. Never crossed my mind once in 30 years of computer design to have measurements displayed in fractions.

OhioSigns

I've never seen a way to automatically make it a fraction but if you click on the dimension and go into design central there is a "lock" icon that you can click on that allows you to manually edit the dimension text. You can then type it in as a fraction.

trebor8820

Thanks for the replies guys, lol. From a computer perspective, it doesn't make a difference to me. But when I send drawings off to my manufacturing team, I start to get a bit of kick-back. "My tape doesn't read 12.8!"

Nonetheless, the world will continue to spin and lives will go on haha.

bannertime

Thanks for the replies guys, lol. From a computer perspective, it doesn't make a difference to me. But when I send drawings off to my manufacturing team, I start to get a bit of kick-back. "My tape doesn't read 12.8!"

Nonetheless, the world will continue to spin and lives will go on haha.

Print out a conversion chart. I've got one at every station. Within a month most our guys knew fraction conversions down to the 16th. Though we tend to keep things to the 8th anyway.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If we'd all just convert to the metric system the world would be a happier place! 28.4 cm is just that.... or 284 mm if you wanna get more techinical!

Andy D

But when I send drawings off to my manufacturing team, I start to get a bit of kick-back. "My tape doesn't read 12.8!".

This is the same at every sign shop in existence, the fabricators resent the guys up front any will find anything to bitch about...tell them they have decimal tape measures, go out and get one.

signage

I do it all the time!

Attachments

• Corel x6 fractions.png
    Corel x6 fractions.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 171