• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi on Multiple Computers

Herrington25

Can I have flexi installed on two computers under one subscription if I only use one computer at a time. Would like to do some design work at home and wondering if I need to pay two subscription fees.

Thanks!

netsol

no, but you can use gotomypc or teamviewer to work from home on your work pc

teamviewer is free for personal use

sai charges $25/mo for design only (no print or plot from that pc)

Herrington25

no, but you can use gotomypc or teamviewer to work from home on your work pc

sai charges $25/mo for design only (no print or plot from that pc)

Thats what I figured. I have played with teamviewer a bit, its very handy for sure but its a bit sluggish for designing I find. The internet at my home isn't spectacular though.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
If you have a subscription you can have it installed on two computers at once. To use either one, you'll have to use license manager to remove the license from one machine and then the same to activate it on the other one. Internet connection req'd on both. Not a great method though but it works.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you have a subscription you can have it installed on two computers at once. To use either one, you'll have to use license manager to remove the license from one machine and then the same to activate it on the other one. Internet connection req'd on both. Not a great method though but it works.

Nice website and very nice work you do.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
If you can get a dongle copy you can. The cloud doesn't support it.
In the old days you could install production manager on one machine and design on another too, but that isnt supported either anymore.

WildWestDesigns

I think this would be charting a bit of a grey area, as technically it would be for business use as one would be using it to access software for a business related endeavor and if continuing to use it as such it would be related to a business type of workflow.

Just a little bit of a grey area in my mind.

This is about the only way to do it, unless Flexi allows for a network license, either via dongle or thru subscription. I have one software that allowed that via dongle. Expensive as all get out just for a single computer use license. One license for one computer is double the Flexi's perpetual license, so I can only imagine what their network license options would have been like.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Nice website and very nice work you do.

Thanks, Tex. The website was a lot of work but it continues to pay off!

I think we're not too far away from each other. Can you send me a PM? I have a ton of work coming up that is right up your alley, I believe.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thats what I figured. I have played with teamviewer a bit, its very handy for sure but its a bit sluggish for designing I find. The internet at my home isn't spectacular though.
I use Remote PC. I agree that my home internet isn't as fast as work so it's sluggish. My other thought was to buy a laptop and bring it home at night. Now that I have the option to design at home, I really don't do it anyway LOL