• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Production Manager Closing in jobs.

Jasmin

Founder
Has anyone had issues with production manager closing unexpectedly in the middle of jobs? We rely on the night prints to have work for the next day and 3 times this week have I showed up in the morning and the jobs have been cancelled in the middle of roll because PM is closed. Anyone know what the issue could be? the computer has ample space and is new. Flexi support has been subpar so at this point might have to look at other RIP softwares if I don't figure this out asap

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's odd that it would close without an error message of some sort. When you come in in the morning, is the monitor still on or do you have to wiggle the mouse to wake up the computer? Maybe it's going to sleep or resetting overnight for some reason.

richsweeney

Do you have a ups on the server? Also you might look installing a remote software program, like radmin so you can make sure it still running or ran properly.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I haven’t printed from Flexi in quite a while but I believe there is a setting “rip while printing” option? Try turning it off. Maybe it’s not keeping up…

Also kill your screen saver if on, that can cause hiccups too I believe. Can’t hurt…

netsol

event viewer is the place to start.
i would have a look, see what "errors" are showing.
then lok at appliction errors, specific to sai flei
be sur that all your cooling fans are working. heat sinks are not extremely hot.
REMOVE AND RESEAT MEMORY, switching chip locations
CLEAR ALL TEMPS. (c:\temp; c:\windows\temp; c:\users\<your user>\appdata\local\temp
clear all browsing data in all browsers
right click hard drive, choose properties\tools do error checking
a defrag can't hurt
make sure all hard drives have enough free space (if more than one, check the drive with paging file)
edit power plan & choose NEVER so pc doesn't go to sleep or hybernate
open device manage, choose network adapter> power management, UNCHECK let computer turn off this device to save power. IT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND that ripping and printing CAN NOT BE STOPPED
uncheck the same messge on USB intrfaces, if you connect to printer over USB
MAKE SURE YOUR ROUTER DOESN'T HAVE POWER MANAGEMENT OF SOME SORT ENABLED
EDIT WINDOWS UPDATE SETTINGS, DEFAULT IS AFTER 5 PM IS OK TO LOAD UPDATES.
DISABLE FOR 7 DAYS .
MICROSOFT PUSHES NEW UPDATES TUESDAYS & PUNISHES US IF WE DON'T STOP WHAT WE ARE DOING TO IMMEDIATELY LOAD THEM.
check that your antivirus/security software isn't keeping you SAFE by forcing updates AFTER HOURS

MICROSOFT HAS A BIZARRE OBSESSION WITH OUR POWER MANGEMENT & doesn't recognize that printing on an expensive substrate (and being interupted) has more serious implications than reprinting a page of a memo

netsol

you mention that the pc is new.
you can pretty much start with power management & windows update settings

NOT A BAD IDEA to be sure your user, (the one that sends print jobs) is an administrator, THEN OPEN UAC & drag the slider to NEVER NOTIFY

netsol

i read back through your posts, you mentioned a while back, PRINTING TO 2 PRINTERS WITH ONE INSTANCE OF FLEXI. are you doing that atnight? this might be something we have to pursue, in solving your problem.

JUST TO BE SURE (that the workis done in the morning) consider doing a restart at end of day &THEN sending the night's work to the printer(s)